Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

for the memory of 118. Inf. Division in the city of Worms in Germany

Article about: i saw that memorial in the city of worms when i went to germany last month so let me know what you think or know about it best regards from turkey...

?

Default for the memory of 118. Inf. Division in the city of Worms in Germany

i saw that memorial in the city of worms when i went to germany last month so let me know what you think or know about it best regards from turkey...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture for the memory of 118. Inf. Division in the city of Worms in Germany  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement for the memory of 118. Inf. Division in the city of Worms in Germany
    P
    Many

I personally don't think much of the composition of the sculpture, it makes them look too much like a firing squad lining up.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Is it for WW1 ?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Apparently so. It was raised in the 30's as a memorial to the 'Prince Carl' regiment.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

i really dont know ww1 or ww2 coz that i asked on the forum but they are german soldiers right_?

I like it...a WWI German band of brothers. I grew up in Lampertheim, a town only 9km from Worms...so I'm very familiar with the city. In the mid-80s, my stepfather was the US Army's Deputy Community Commander of Worms and utilized the old German Kaserne...I even discovered original graffiti from the Kaiser's soldiers across the street from the Kaserne's gate, scratched into a wall...There is also a denazified plaque commemorating the re-occupation of the Kaserne as part of the Rheinland Occupation, 1936...
    cheers, Glenn

?

thank you so much for the detailed information best regards emre...

Here's the one in Lampertheim, my mother's hometown...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture for the memory of 118. Inf. Division in the city of Worms in Germany  

?

i wish i visited here too may be next time

We've encountered this memorial on the forum before, by the way. Have a look here:
    New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast