Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Wehrmacht Friend

Article about: Thought I would share some photos of me and my good friend who served in the Wehrmacht during WW2. He was originally in the Luftwaffe, but later transferred to the Wehrmacht. He fought on bo

Probably so. Hit me up in a private message soon. I'd like to give you an EK2 to give to your friend. I think that would be awesome. Just be sure and take pictures.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Wehrmacht Friend
    P
    Many

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Probably so. Hit me up in a private message soon. I'd like to give you an EK2 to give to your friend. I think that would be awesome. Just be sure and take pictures.
    Me and him both would greatly appreciate that soooo much. If you would be willing to do that id defiantly take pictures, and post them here. Ill PM you now.

Best regards- Jarret

I'm working on getting you the EK2. Check your PM's bud. I strongly advise that he not wear this one to church lolol!!

Great pictures of your Wehrmacht friend. My grandfather served as a doctor in WW2 in the Royal Navy - he didn't like to talk about the war very much though. I did however talk to a family friend who was in the British army - he loved to tell me his stories and was so pleased that someone cared to hear them. He talked about how he was involved in raiding parties across the channel to capture German prisoners - apparently they were more shocked and surprised than scared. And how he hit D-day beaches at +3 hours - although a lot of troops had moved inland, there was always the risk of German snipers who continued to inflict casualties. He gave me x2 deactivated mills bombs he had a showed me his photos.
    Sadly he is quite frail now - but I know he was very pleased I took the time to hear his stories.
    Nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Great pictures of your Wehrmacht friend. My grandfather served as a doctor in WW2 in the Royal Navy - he didn't like to talk about the war very much though. I did however talk to a family friend who was in the British army - he loved to tell me his stories and was so pleased that someone cared to hear them. He talked about how he was involved in raiding parties across the channel to capture German prisoners - apparently they were more shocked and surprised than scared. And how he hit D-day beaches at +3 hours - although a lot of troops had moved inland, there was always the risk of German snipers who continued to inflict casualties. He gave me x2 deactivated mills bombs he had a showed me his photos.
    Sadly he is quite frail now - but I know he was very pleased I took the time to hear his stories.
    Nick
    Thank you HoundsTooth! It is great that you have a strong family history like that. My grandfather never opened up about the war either. I was 11 when he passed in 09, and I didn't even realize he was a WW2 vet until he passed. His tomb stone read "WWII VETERAN" Big surprise for the 11 year old me. I guess that's what sparked my first interest in WWII research/relics. It was also a wake up call for me too. Every WWII vet I run across, I always try to hear their story. In the near future they will no longer be able to tell their story's. I suggest you visit this family friend any chance you get. Recently another good friend of mine who served in WWII passed away. He was a pilot in the pacific theater, and he was shot down three times. I believe he also served in Korea. He passed just 5 days ago. We must spend all our available spare time with these amazing heroes of the past.

Best regards- Jarret
    Last edited by Luftwaffe 1941; 10-28-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Heads up to everyone who has supported this thread. I'm meeting up with my friend this Saturday, and thanks to our good buddy UK Cousin I will be awarding this man with a very nice EK2. Ill post pics of his reaction to the infamous award. Also to everyone who wanted me to ask him questions, I cant make any promises that our conversation will lead to an appropriate time to ask. But I will try my best to ask those questions. Hope you guys will enjoy his reaction! And again a big THANK YOU to UK Cousin for arranging the EK2 to be sent to me.

Best regards- Jarret

Sounds great bud. Looking forward to some pictures.

Next month we should get together and take him some photo albums with mild content if he would like that.

I think he would be fine with that. I'm sure he would enjoy it.

Best regards- Jarret

MAP
    ?

I'm sure he will be tickled pink when you give it to him.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast