Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nebelwerfer veteran

Article about: Hello everyone! I am having a chat with a german western front Nebelwefer veteran on Saturday and am wondering if anyone has any questions(Technical or otherwise) you would like me to ask hi

Default Nebelwerfer veteran

Hello everyone! I am having a chat with a german western front Nebelwefer veteran on Saturday and am wondering if anyone has any questions(Technical or otherwise) you would like me to ask him. He also (atleast from my understanding) was An infantryman on eastern front during operation barborosa. He's pretty old (Weimar Republic old) , but apperatly is still quite sharp.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nebelwerfer veteran
    P
    Many

1000,s of ?. but just give him our regards.

Was he ever exposed to counter-battery fire due to the smoke-trail giving away the Nebelwerfer positions?
    cheers, Glenn

To many to write! Dam I love talking to veterans but have never found a german veteran.

Thanks everyone! I just love talking with these veterans while I still can. This will be the first german veteran that I've ever met though and I can't wait! I can't imagine there are too many Nebelwefer veterans around either so this should be one to remember!

I feel very fortunate that growing up in Germany allowed me to meet many German veterans of various branches...and grill them for information and their personal experiences....My grandfather was a Wehrmacht Unteroffizier (awarded the EKI and EKII) and my grandmother was in the BdM and later in the Armaments Industry, and I would often steer the conversation to that era, lol...
    I had German teachers in school who were veterans as well, including one from the Afrika Korps, and my mother's employer was a "Das Reich" veteran...I should write all the stories down some day...
    cheers, Glenn

Ask him if he wore ear plugs..........Eh what ya say son?....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Ask him if he wore ear plugs..........Eh what ya say son?....
    You joke but one of my friends grandpas growing up was an artillery veteran (he claimed he was Dutch, but with a name like Scmidt, they may have been more Deutsch) and this guy was completely deaf from the artillery!

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    You joke but one of my friends grandpas growing up was an artillery veteran (he claimed he was Dutch, but with a name like Scmidt, they may have been more Deutsch) and this guy was completely deaf from the artillery!
    Indeed so and those nebelwerfers were as noisy as hell too!..

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I feel very fortunate that growing up in Germany allowed me to meet many German veterans of various branches...and grill them for information and their personal experiences....My grandfather was a Wehrmacht Unteroffizier (awarded the EKI and EKII) and my grandmother was in the BdM and later in the Armaments Industry, and I would often steer the conversation to that era, lol...
    I had German teachers in school who were veterans as well, including one from the Afrika Korps, and my mother's employer was a "Das Reich" veteran...I should write all the stories down some day...
    cheers, Glenn
    What I would give to have that sort of opportunity! Alot of my relatives were WWII veterans, but unfortunately almost all of them died before I was born or when I was young before I truly appreciated them. I've tried to make up for it by meeting as many veterans as I can, and I think I have been fairly successful with that. I've met everyone from bomber command pilots to tank drivers, but never a nebelwerfer crewman so this will be a first for that!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast