Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

need help with value on a PPK

Article about: on of the old timers has a PPK he took off a officer in 1945 he has the paper work allowing him to bring it back to the usa it apears to be an SS photographers have unit info holster has nam

Default Re: need help with value on a PPK

and one more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1605.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	64188  

Hi John, the DRGM marking stands for Deutsches Reich Gebrauchsmuster (German Reich Registered Design).

The other marking is the makers mark & logo for Akah. They made private purchase holsters. Here is one from my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Holster maker mark..jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	64343  

?

John great PPK does the pistol have any Waffenamt proofs or Eagle/C proofs

i did not see any eagles and i do not know anything about WW2 stuff

what i took pictures of is what i seen on it are they hidden ??????

?

the Waffenamt proofs should be in the area of the PPk mark on the slide and behind the trigger same side on the frame.it should be a eagle over 359 or eagle over WaA359 for Military or a eagle over the swastika with a letter C to the right for police. From the pic. that you have I dont see them. I think yours is a early high polished finish and not a military issued pistol. You can find different sites to find the year by the serial #. As for a price with take home papers and holster I would say $700.00 and up.

no it does not have any of that and yes it has a shine to it the bluing

thanks for your help - jz

Quote by johnjzjz View Post
    no it does not have any of that and yes it has a shine to it the bluing

thanks for your help - jz

It looks much like my 1934 Mauser 7.62, condition wise. Uncle Val took it off of the town cop when they liberated a village in March of '45. The magazine is definately original, check the makers mark at side near the bottom plate.

If it has been loaded all this time the magazine spring should be replaced if you plan on using it. In my experience with my 34 the spring does not have the push to chamber the last 2 rounds and a jam might be the result.

Krasne in Los Angeles has replacement magazines, firing pins, recoil springs, etc as replacements if you need them. Google Krasne Triple K

the mag in the PPK has not had ammo all these years i put 32s in it The spair that is, every thing is real tight and crisp in person it looks months old not 50 years was cleaned with wiping oil and rubber gloves than put in plastic never fired or loaded -- jz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12