Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Need info on the Blood Flag

Article about: Hi Can anyone add more information as to the wherabouts of the Blood Flag? What is known is that SS Standartenfuhrer Jacob Grimminger was the bearer of the Blutfahne and that the flag disapp

Default Re: Need info on the Blood Flag

Wow, it starts to sounds like some Holy Grail, or Dead Sea Scrolls... Might have been a "most revered item" by some evil people long dead, but at this point... if one were found, or claim to have been found, it's only real purpose would be to cost an insane amount of money, which to me is a bizarre form of worship in itself. Whatever it was, it's best gone and/or destroyed, or even better yet as Gunny points out, owned by someone who has no idea what is is or was. That in a way would be it's most fitting end.

Anyone want to buy a piece of Hitler's jawbone? ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need info on the Blood Flag
    P
    Many

I think if it was ever found and beyond doubt original it should be put into a museum, after all its piece of history and should be preserved. I don,t agree with destroying history no matter how distasteful it can be.

Martin

JMM
    ?

Quote by kilomikesierra1960 View Post
    Wow, it starts to sounds like some Holy Grail, or Dead Sea Scrolls... Might have been a "most revered item" by some evil people long dead, but at this point... if one were found, or claim to have been found, it's only real purpose would be to cost an insane amount of money, which to me is a bizarre form of worship in itself. Whatever it was, it's best gone and/or destroyed, or even better yet as Gunny points out, owned by someone who has no idea what is is or was. That in a way would be it's most fitting end.

Anyone want to buy a piece of Hitler's jawbone? ;-)
    Guess you're missing the point here
    History is History and it should always be preserved; that's why you go to museums: to be able to see what you only read on books. All objects that have been part of History (good or bad) are important
    and should be kept on exhibition. That's why museums are filled with objects

History is history either we like it either we don't! Here in Crete there is a statue of the FJ that landed on the island! It was a black page on our history but we have to preserve such monumets so we will never forget what happened! I'm opposed to any kind of vandalism on such memorials and places! This is our heritage and we would have been fools if we didn't treasure it!

I'm not missing anything. All it would be would be a lot of hoopla over an item that it can't be proved what it is or isn't, or never was.

Apparently there was nothing special about this flag, whether such a thing existed or not, other than that intrinsic value that those people who valued it so much put on it. Otherwise it's meaningless, other than for this item to be revered again as some holy grail, which is bunk.

If... there was such a flag (the stuff of legends), wouldn't it have been embroidered with something to mark it's significance?

Something that was ferreted out of Germany in the nick of time, to be kept as a symbol or worship piece for a new uprising, something for the Boys from Brazil to worship as they grew up... Color me cynical here, but I'm glad it's not around to "treasure" by whomever would treasure such an item as the holy of holies that it supposedly was.

Its not about treasure and worship its about Education and Preservation.

Martin

The flag existed! And if you want to be cynical then be in all fields! Every single item is overvalued if you think of it... Why buy a helmet for $1.000? It is a piece of mass produced steel afterall... The "something to mark it's significance" about this flag is that Hitler himself consider it a treasure and a unique item. That alone makes this flag 'one-of-a-kind' and needs nothing more for it's value to increase! Plus if an item is accompanied by a story of a famous person then $$$ go up! It's as simple as this... Rarity makes an item's price... And there is a price for anything! A crazy person bought Madonna's chewing gum for a crazy amount of $ (some thousands of them). There was nothing unique about it but someone consider it a treasure... It is the story behind the item that fascinates the collectors and the scenarios they can make just by looking at it! It is a whole different thing to preserve history by collecting and not throwing away an item and a whole other thing to worship it! I have three Nazi flags but i hate them and their ideology! As a history lover i consider it my duty to collect anything related with that period either i like the background of the item or not!

JMM
    ?

There's no doubt the flag existed. The only doubt is if it survived the war.
    As all collectible objects (military or not) this flag (besides beeing a collectable German WWII flag), like LizardKing said has a story behind it, thus making it even more collectable (if it still exists)
    There are a nbr of reasons why this object is collectable:
    1- it's a period (WWII) German flag
    2- it was used in a very important political movement (the putsch)
    3- people died with it (and for it)
    4- Hitler (and the nazis) gave it a major importance and mysticism
    5- it was used by Hitler to "baptize" all other flags
    6- it holds a mystery in itself (did it survive the war?)
    I think we're all collectors here (God knows how often we've been looked aside or considered weird for collecting pieces of junk and metal) but that's what makes us a group.
    Because one has an Order of the Red Star does that make one a comunist? And because one has a german flag or an wartime edition of the Mein Kampf does it make one a fascist/nazi?
    This thread is about gathering the most possible information on the postwar whereabouts of the flag.

CBH
    ?

We all collect the discarded junk of history , be feel that it is important to keep it for future generations . The value of this flag lays in the fact it road the tide of time through the whole history of the Third Reich . It has been there , anyone can have any repro items they what , but it is new . So it doesn't have the value of a piece of history . All collectables and antiques are only worth what someone is willing to pay , supply and demand . One flag = little supply . As for your religious spin put on this object , I don't really get it . I'm not a nazi or a christian for that matter , and I don't really get peoples reverence for some objects . But I do understand the value of said objects .

PS If your looking for a piece of the true cross , I can hook you up .

Wow, with respect to the original poster this thread is getting off track.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast