Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Need info on the Blood Flag

Article about: Hi Can anyone add more information as to the wherabouts of the Blood Flag? What is known is that SS Standartenfuhrer Jacob Grimminger was the bearer of the Blutfahne and that the flag disapp

JMM
    ?

Default Re: Need info on the Blood Flag

Need info on the Blood FlagNeed info on the Blood FlagNeed info on the Blood Flag

Glad to see this thread is still "rocking"
    I'm adding a few more pics of the flag and Grimminger
    Here's what got of him on a quick search:
    Decorated with the Golden Party Badge, the Blood Order (no. 714) and the Coburg Badge, three of the most important decorations of the NSDAP.
    Survived the war, and was put on trial by the Allies in 1946 for being a member of the SS and carrying the Blutfahne for nineteen years. Died in 1969 in poverty
    One crazy idea: are there any postwar interviews of him?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need info on the Blood Flag
    P
    Many

That's what I am wondering, Pat. It's kind of akin to the Catholic Church and their 1st Class and 2nd Class relics, etc. Once a flag was touched to the original, did it become embodied with it's supposed own aura, etc?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I had a chance to talk to someone who claimed he was related too Teddy Wisch, the commander of the LSSAH. He said his family had a bunch of Wisch items which were even profiled on an "Antiques Roadshow". He said that on top of the personal Items, Wisch had a "ceremonial" flag which he got in Munich, after he was ordered by Himmler to safekeep it. He said it was stained and dirty and that Wisch supposedly told them it was one of the early NSDAP flags. I know Wisch was replaced as Commander of the LSSAH after he was wounded in Falaise....but that is a very, very interesting story.

?

Ahh Im glad I found this post.I have written to the producers of the series Raiders of The Lost Past and have suggested they may like to consider the blood flag for a future programme.I will keep You all informed of the outcome

Quote by ZigZag View Post
    I had a chance to talk to someone who claimed he was related too Teddy Wisch, the commander of the LSSAH. He said his family had a bunch of Wisch items which were even profiled on an "Antiques Roadshow". He said that on top of the personal Items, Wisch had a "ceremonial" flag which he got in Munich, after he was ordered by Himmler to safekeep it. He said it was stained and dirty and that Wisch supposedly told them it was one of the early NSDAP flags. I know Wisch was replaced as Commander of the LSSAH after he was wounded in Falaise....but that is a very, very interesting story.
    Welcome to the Forum. I do find one big hole in what this individual told you. The Antiques Road Show has never profiled any 3rd Reich memorabilia on the show. According to one of the appraisers who I know personally, several very important items have come in to the show but the producers have never allowed any of it to be shown.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

You're quicker on the typing than I am today, Bob-I was just going to say the same thing!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

CBH
    ?

Was the British BBC Road Show or the American PBS Road Show ?

?

It was on Roadshow awhile back and I think it was the British Roadshow If I remember correctly. But it was not straight up Nazi Items but his personal stuff like letters, documents and awards.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Welcome to the Forum. I do find one big hole in what this individual told you. The Antiques Road Show has never profiled any 3rd Reich memorabilia on the show. According to one of the appraisers who I know personally, several very important items have come in to the show but the producers have never allowed any of it to be shown.
    Interesting and something I had not thought about in all the years I have watched the programme. Is there a general BBC ban on discussing/showing Nazi militaria and collectibles on AR? Or just specific items you have alluded them not showing? I haven't seen any Holocaust and KL related items either outside of maybe a "special" remembrance programme.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Does anyone know what material it was made out of? The Blutefhane? In some of the above pics... it looks shiny, kinda like Rayon( a well know material used in early flags) The flag was repaired after 1925... any good before and after pics? Supposed area of damage
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need info on the Blood Flag  
    Attached Images Attached Images Need info on the Blood Flag 

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast