Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Need info on the Blood Flag

Article about: Hi Can anyone add more information as to the wherabouts of the Blood Flag? What is known is that SS Standartenfuhrer Jacob Grimminger was the bearer of the Blutfahne and that the flag disapp

I've never heard or even read that the BF was made of anything particularly special other than normal flag linen or cloth. When it was made-for the Putsch- there was nothing noteworthy regarded of it-until the Munich hat maker Andreas Bauriedl flopped on top of it dead and leaked blood all over it. Regardless, it went up in flames while wrapped around Hitler's corpse in Berlin in April of 1945.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need info on the Blood Flag
    P
    Many

?

Interesting take...Lots of rumors... Also heard it went to Chile with fleeing Nazis... one book says a GI picked up pieces deemed blown up in air-raids, and another GI supposedly found it when he went into fuhrer bau and found it in a box with Hitlers gold plated pistol... lots of possibilities... some people said the Russians have it(doubtful). I personal think one of 2 possibilities... a GI had it... now in private collection, or the Germans hid it and may be in Switzerland...vault. I doubt a German has it today in private collection... because the liberal Germans today would burn it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7