Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Need info on the Blood Flag

Article about: Hi Can anyone add more information as to the wherabouts of the Blood Flag? What is known is that SS Standartenfuhrer Jacob Grimminger was the bearer of the Blutfahne and that the flag disapp

JMM
    ?

Default Need info on the Blood Flag

Hi

Can anyone add more information as to the wherabouts of the Blood Flag?
    What is known is that SS Standartenfuhrer Jacob Grimminger was the bearer of the Blutfahne and that the flag disappeared at the end of the war...
    More info?
    Thanks for your time

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need info on the Blood Flag
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need info on the Blood Flag

Nope. The Blood Flag is still a mystery-whereabouts unknown. It may well not even exist anymore...but I wouldn't mind Owning it, should it suddenly appear in some old Vet's estate in a box on a shelf in the back of his closet....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A collector by the name of "Ahnenerbe" ..which some of the collectors may recognize this name..belongs to a forum which I can not name at this point in time...quoted to another member..stating:

"10 years ago I met an old woman who I was most intrigued with. She had a very intimate knowledge of several SS officers from the LSSAH and the Ahnenerbe. I started a deep friendship with her and learned alot. The Blutfahne is safe in South America (or so it was 10 years ago), it was saved from the bombing raids by party faithful and smuggled out of Germany. My friend wrote many short stories which she sent me before she passed away. Sometime I would like to get them published as they deal with ODESSA and Silent Night and how many young SS and NS were smuggled out of Europe to avoid the the wrath of the devil....(End quote)

This is possible to be speculation as to this day the flag has not yet to be seen. Many theories suggest a range between what Wagriff has stated..and a possible rescue by some SS faithful..... Show us the proof that it still exists...and not the fokelore.
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-19-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

No one exactly knows if the Blutfahne still exists, most believe that is was destroyed by allied bombing during the war. I guess the only way to find out is to hope it turns up one day.
    Attached Images Attached Images Need info on the Blood Flag 

Here is what i found some days ago about the flag when i did a research on the net for general informations about german flags...

"BLUTFAHNE 'NAZI BLOOD FLAG'
    The Blutfahne (Blood flag) was a Nazi Swastika NSDAP flag which was used in the attempted Nazi Beer Hall Putsch in Munich, Germany on November 9, 1923 and one of the most revered objects of the German Nazi Party. The flag was actually that of the 5th SA Sturm that was covered in blood from members of the Nazi Party who had been shot by the Munich Police (primarily from party member Andreas Bauriedl who fell on top of the flag when he was shot and killed).

There were two stories about what happened to the flag in the aftermath of the putsch: One was that Heinrich Trambauer (the flagbearer) took the flag to a friend where he removed the flag from the staff and left with it hidden inside his jacket. Later, Traumbauer gave the flag to a Karl Eggers, who kept the flag safe. The other story was that the flag was confiscated by the Munich authorities and was later returned to the Nazis, Eggers being the recipient.

Regardless of which story was the correct one, after Adolf Hitler was released from Landsberg prison (after serving one year of a five year prison sentence for his part in the putsch), Eggers gave the flag to him. It was then fitted to a new staff and finial and just below the finial was a silver dedication sleeve which bore the names of three martyrs from the putsch. Bauriedl was one of the three honorees. In addition, the flag was no longer attached to the staff by its original sewn-in sleeve, but by a red-white-black intertwined cord which ran through the sleeve instead.

The flag was there after treated as a sacred object by the Nazi Party, and it was carried by SS Sturmbannführer Jakob Grimminger at various Nazi party ceremonies. One of the most visible uses of the flag was by Adolf Hitler, who at the annual party rallies at Nuremberg, touched other Nazi banners with the Blutfahne, thus 'sanctifying' the new flags with the old.

When not in use, the Blutfahne was kept at the headquarters of the Nazi Party (the Brown House) in Munich, with an SS guard of honor. The flag had a small tear in it that went unrepaired for a number of years. The tear was believed to have occurred during the putsch.

The Blutfahne was last seen in public at the Induction Ceremony of the Volksturm on October 18, 1944. (Not at Gauleiter Adolf Wagner's funeral six months earlier, as has frequently been reported.) This ceremony was conducted by Himmler and attended by Keitel, Guderian, Lammers, Bormann, Fiehler, Schepmann and Kraus. The Blutfahne has not been seen since then. It is possible that it may have been destroyed, or it may yet survive, either in secret storage somewhere or simply unrecognized as such."

JMM
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Nope. The Blood Flag is still a mystery-whereabouts unknown. It may well not even exist anymore...but I wouldn't mind Owning it, should it suddenly appear in some old Vet's estate in a box on a shelf in the back of his closet....
    Hi Wagriff

Thanks for your reply
    If it still exists guess that none of us would mind to own it (it would be one of the most collectable pieces one could have. I'd risk say priceless...)

JMM
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    A collector by the name of "Ahnenerbe" ..which some of the collectors may recognize this name..belongs to a forum which I can not name at this point in time...quoted to another member..stating:

"10 years ago I met an old woman who I was most intrigued with. She had a very intimate knowledge of several SS officers from the LSSAH and the Ahnenerbe. I started a deep friendship with her and learned alot. The Blutfahne is safe in South America (or so it was 10 years ago), it was saved from the bombing raids by party faithful and smuggled out of Germany. My friend wrote many short stories which she sent me before she passed away. Sometime I would like to get them published as they deal with ODESSA and Silent Night and how many young SS and NS were smuggled out of Europe to avoid the the wrath of the devil....(End quote)

This is possible to be speculation as to this day the flag has not yet to be seen. Many theories suggest a range between what Wagriff has stated..and a possible rescue by some SS faithful..... Show us the proof that it still exists...and not the fokelore.
    Hi

Came across that same site and that thread when researching for the flag. Don't know why but find a bit hard to believe (not because it doesn't exist but because I think it's a kind of info you wouldn't put on a forum - IMHO

JMM
    ?

Quote by MilitariaCollector View Post
    No one exactly knows if the Blutfahne still exists, most believe that is was destroyed by allied bombing during the war. I guess the only way to find out is to hope it turns up one day.
    You're right. But I have a feeling that we'll never know it...
    Thanks for the pic

JMM
    ?

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    Here is what i found some days ago about the flag when i did a research on the net for general informations about german flags...

"BLUTFAHNE 'NAZI BLOOD FLAG'
    The Blutfahne (Blood flag) was a Nazi Swastika NSDAP flag which was used in the attempted Nazi Beer Hall Putsch in Munich, Germany on November 9, 1923 and one of the most revered objects of the German Nazi Party. The flag was actually that of the 5th SA Sturm that was covered in blood from members of the Nazi Party who had been shot by the Munich Police (primarily from party member Andreas Bauriedl who fell on top of the flag when he was shot and killed).

There were two stories about what happened to the flag in the aftermath of the putsch: One was that Heinrich Trambauer (the flagbearer) took the flag to a friend where he removed the flag from the staff and left with it hidden inside his jacket. Later, Traumbauer gave the flag to a Karl Eggers, who kept the flag safe. The other story was that the flag was confiscated by the Munich authorities and was later returned to the Nazis, Eggers being the recipient.

Regardless of which story was the correct one, after Adolf Hitler was released from Landsberg prison (after serving one year of a five year prison sentence for his part in the putsch), Eggers gave the flag to him. It was then fitted to a new staff and finial and just below the finial was a silver dedication sleeve which bore the names of three martyrs from the putsch. Bauriedl was one of the three honorees. In addition, the flag was no longer attached to the staff by its original sewn-in sleeve, but by a red-white-black intertwined cord which ran through the sleeve instead.

The flag was there after treated as a sacred object by the Nazi Party, and it was carried by SS Sturmbannführer Jakob Grimminger at various Nazi party ceremonies. One of the most visible uses of the flag was by Adolf Hitler, who at the annual party rallies at Nuremberg, touched other Nazi banners with the Blutfahne, thus 'sanctifying' the new flags with the old.

When not in use, the Blutfahne was kept at the headquarters of the Nazi Party (the Brown House) in Munich, with an SS guard of honor. The flag had a small tear in it that went unrepaired for a number of years. The tear was believed to have occurred during the putsch.

The Blutfahne was last seen in public at the Induction Ceremony of the Volksturm on October 18, 1944. (Not at Gauleiter Adolf Wagner's funeral six months earlier, as has frequently been reported.) This ceremony was conducted by Himmler and attended by Keitel, Guderian, Lammers, Bormann, Fiehler, Schepmann and Kraus. The Blutfahne has not been seen since then. It is possible that it may have been destroyed, or it may yet survive, either in secret storage somewhere or simply unrecognized as such."
    Hi LizardKing

Thanks a lot for posting your research

Should it still be around somewhere. I hope it is given to a museum.

It is a far to potent a symbol, to be lingering on some collectors living room wall.
    There is a distinct possibility that some of the dreadful neo-nazi nut jobs around the world, would be more then ready to use whatever means available to get their hands on it.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast