Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

need info on a book I have

Article about: a friend of mine gave me a paperback book. title- THE LAST DAYS OF HITLER. it is written by H.R. Trevor-Roper, yes I know no pics sorry, anyway it says Berkley Publishing Corp. 145West 57th

Default need info on a book I have

a friend of mine gave me a paperback book. title- THE LAST DAYS OF HITLER. it is written by H.R. Trevor-Roper, yes I know no pics sorry, anyway it says Berkley Publishing Corp. 145West 57th Street New York 19,N.Y. Copyright 1947, by the author. the price on it is 50 cents. it is in good shape, except the pages are very yellow. I wanted to read it, but the pages are loose & one started to come out, so I just put it up, it looks very old, but the cover is in good shape. also inside it says Published by arrangement with The Macmillan Company. in the back on one page it says you will also want to read - THE TRIPITZ & on the last page it says - you will also want to read SPY CATCHER, both have the same New York address, as where it says Berkley Publishing Corp with the same New York 19,n.y. no zip code, need opinions, do you think it is from 1947, because there is no zip code & I forgot to order the other 2 books it says send 35 cents plus 10 cents handling & postage. I dont like to handle it much for fear the pages will start falling out, any opinions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need info on a book I have
    P
    Many

Default Re: need info on a book I have

Hi Marty, it is a MUST read. I don't think the book will have any great value. Go ahead and enjoy reading it. I first read it aged 16, many years ago now!

Hugh Trevor - Roper was British and sent into Berlin at the end of the war to discover Hitler's true fate.

Cheers, Ade.

discount this post.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Marty, it is a MUST read. I don't think the book will have any great value. Go ahead and enjoy reading it. I first read it aged 16, many years ago now!

Hugh Trevor - Roper was British and sent into Berlin at the end of the war to discover Hitler's true fate.

Cheers, Ade.
    thanks ADE, I didn't think I had a fortune or anything, but was wondering if it might be a first copy, the pages are really yellowed I'm afraid they will fall out, & the lack of a zip code had me wondering, maybe I need to go to a book store & get a newer copy, because I really do want to read it because I do love history. thanks again. your item is in the postal system as of today. enjoy.
    regards Marty

Hi Marty, this is a superb site to find old books and their values. I use it a lot:

AbeBooks Official Site - New & Used Books, New & Used Textbooks, Rare & Out of Print Books

Thanks

Cheers, Ade.

thanks again ADE, i stumbled across the book today & got to wondering, now I must read it, because it was written while the events were so current at the time. take care.