Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

need info on a SS Hauptsturmfuhrer

Article about: Hi, I was wondering if any one could tell me any thing about Otto Dinse , maybe stories , what part of Germany he was originaly from? Anything would be good, I can't find any photos of him o

beemex
    ?

Default need info on a SS Hauptsturmfuhrer

Hi, I was wondering if any one could tell me any thing about Otto Dinse , maybe stories , what part of Germany he was originaly from? Anything would be good, I can't find any photos of him on the web ether.

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: need info on a SS Hauptsturmfuhrer

What do you want to know exactly ? ?

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Otto Dinse served for much of his career with the LSSAH , he was adjutant to Jochen Peiper in the SPW Btl of the Leibstandarte , III / SS Panzer Gren Regt 2 in the rank of SS Obersturmfuhrer.

Dinse was born in Hamburg and was a regualr officer in the Allegemeine SS, he was adjutant for the Kharkov fighting in early 1943 before being replaced by Werner Wolff , many photos exist of Dinse during these battles , most taken with Peiper. Dinse returned to the SPW Btl after Kursk when the LAH were moved to Italy.

Returning to Russia with the Btl in November 1943 Dinse was commander of 14 ( s Gep) Kompanie , he took command of the SPW Btl on 6/12/43 and was WIA on 2/1/44.

Dinse returned to assume command from Jupp Diefenthal effective 7/8/1944 having previously led the 12th Kompanie in Normandy.

Diefenthal was again in command in the Ardennes , not sure what had happened to Dinse !! He had been awarded the Nahkampfspange in Gold on 1/9/44 whilst commanding the Btl , and was then awarded the German Cross in Gold on 3/5/1945 whilst serving on the Divisional staff of the LAH.

Dinse survived the war and was a regular visitor to his old Chef Peipers home in France , before Peiper was killed. As far as i know Dinse died in 2000.

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings