Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need more info on my ggd, SS officer Josef Kasinger, 21st Skanderbeg division

Article about: Hello guys, Im wondering if any of you know how I can get more info on my gdd and what he did. I already know his back story. His name was Josef Paul Kasinger, he was from Bavaria. He joined

?

Default Need more info on my ggd, SS officer Josef Kasinger, 21st Skanderbeg division

Hello guys, Im wondering if any of you know how I can get more info on my gdd and what he did. I already know his back story. His name was Josef Paul Kasinger, he was from Bavaria. He joined the Nazi party when he was 17,18 or 19. He joined the SA and became an Oberscharfuhrer. After the night of the long knives he was moved the to the SS and stayed a Oberscharfuhrer. Later he was sent off in 1942( we dont know where he was headed for). I recently learned that he was part of the 21st Waffen-SS Gebirgsjager Skanderbeg division. He sent a few letters home saying, I wonder why theres so many muslims here? Well unfortunately he died on the 12th of September, 1944 fighting in Pec, Yugoslavia. I know that he was burried in a mass grave there but I want to know more about him. Any help is appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need more info on my ggd, SS officer Josef Kasinger, 21st Skanderbeg division
    P
    Many

Try contacting this organisation. They hold millions of service records although it can take months for them to get back to you...
    Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt)

Have you read much about this unit's history?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Not too much, wikipedia is about what ive read.

They were one Spooky Division, for sure...the Wiki summary is enough to raise the hairs on your neck. "not one of its members was ever awarded an Iron Cross while serving in it"...."it was better known for committing atrocities than for contributing to the German war effort"....it's commander Schmidhuber was found guilty of war crimes and was hanged in Belgrade after the war...Wow....some real Savage stuff.

It's operations were focused on the destruction of strong Partisan forces in the Đakovica, Peć and Morka Gora. Seeing as how your GGF died near Peć, I very much hope that he died in combat rather than at the hands of the Partisans. This area saw some of the most hated and bitter fighting in the entire War...

Sorry, Will...but Personally, I don't know if I would actually Want to dig much deeper into it's history. You could stir up information that you might be better off not knowing...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I think it is important to know, whether it be good or bad.

If it were me I would have to know.

?

He was shot in the neck and they stole his gold teeth.

Was it the Albanians? I understood they deserted their German NCOs and Officers around that time.

?

I'm positive it was partisans

?

Do you know why he might have not been to transferred to the German ss divisions?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast