Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

this is not spoken ? without judgments ? why?

Article about: Annoyed from this ads?  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magdeburg_1631.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	788129Neither Wallenstein nor Gustav Adolf had the atomic bomb, per se, but the sum of the carnage was equal to and superior than in some respects.
    damit, basta.

?

Quote by Josh Norton View Post
    After thinking about it for a moment I believe that josh has brought about a realization that there is a new world order of Idiots Without Borders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prado_-_Los_Desastres_de_la_Guerra_-_No._03_-_Lo_mismo.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	788133Goya's depiction of the French campaign in Spain in the early 19th century is equally filled with images of carnage and human brutality of an exceptional character.
    damit, basta.

Man's inhumanity to man.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	.....jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	788134  
    Regards,

Steve.

If you are seriously interested into a worthwhile inquiry into the ethics of war, its political purpose, its violence, etc. with an emphasis on the United States, then this
    documentary has much merit.

without getting into to it too much, I have more than an amateur familiarity or interest with these things, but such is not the role of this site, nor my duty here to discuss in any way....

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#t...The+fog+of+war

In particular, consider the manner in which Robert McNamara was a subordinate of Curtis Le May in the air campaign against Japan in 1944-1945.
    damit, basta.

I would say this, also, that the present is seized, whether rightly or wrongly, with a hysterical need to find blame with the cause of war, the person or the thing that starts a war, etc.

The more thoughtful enterprise is to understand the nature of war in all its reality, its character, its dynamics, its centrality to our political world, and its links to organized violence for political ends.

The desire to find guilt with those who begin war and or to exonerate guilt as part of just war etc. is part of this nature of war, but such a thing does not really explain much about war and its brutality, its atrocities and its tendency to burst out of control.
    damit, basta.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

The desire to find guilt with those who begin and or to exonerate guilt as part of just war etc. is part of this nature of war, but such a thing does not really explain much about war and its brutality, its atrocities and its tendency to burst out of control.
    It is identical, the mentality that is. It explains everything.

I wholly concur. The facts associated with such images are very well known, and well researched by historians of the second world war in the Pacific.

The revisionist intent of such a post lies outside the apolitical parameters/guidelines of this site.

Also, in view of the terrorist assault on free speech as has recently happened in France, to the view of so many, such a post is also in very poor taste.
    So to suppress speech here is somehow in bad taste to the suppression of speech by AK-47 in France?.

I watch this poster on another forum and I am quite frankly baffled and I have not figured out his angle yet, I see the issue and his approach is one that leaves even me in a quandry. However, lets not be two-faced in our evaluations. You do not stifle speech in the name of protecting speech, whether it be for taste or for any other reason.

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    It is identical, the mentality that is. It explains everything.
    I am moved to make these generalizations having watched the events of the past year after a more or less fifty year interest in the age of total war, especially its impact on my native U.S. and my adopted Germany.

The hundred years of 1914, as well as the seventy five years of 1939, and twenty five years of 1989 and, then, the crisis in Ukraine and the onward progress or not of the Iraq and or Afghan campaigns
    are all entangled in this generalization.
    damit, basta.

finally, the whole way that the propaganda of war has become virtually a plaything for hundreds of thousands, if not millions, is rather jaw dropping.

I mean, once upon a time, you needed a propaganda ministry to concoct war propaganda, with the use of images as a weapon, and strategic communication and such.

In our world, each one of us can be such a propagandist and or pose politically charged questions or statements about war in a manner that beggars the mind.

In this, most just recycle someone else's work, but some are geniuses at the thing.

Our Josh here, who likely is not called Josh behind the screen at all, is just such a person. He is hardly alone, too.
    damit, basta.

I am moved to make these generalizations having watched the events of the past year after a more or less fifty year interest in the age of total war, especially its impact on my native U.S. and my adopted Germany.

The hundred years of 1914, as well as the seventy five years of 1939, and twenty five years of 1989 and, then, the crisis in Ukraine and the onward progress or not of the Iraq and or Afghan campaigns
    are all entangled in this generalization.
    Friedrich,

I would suggest that the use of " Generalizations " is what leads to misunderstandings, and in some cases anger and even leads to war. Its o.k to shave a little off the top but if you generalize too much you really open up the opportunity for problems and misunderstandings. I do not think this topic fits here and I am quite suspect of the person who started the thread and have been for some time, so I have no interest in infighting. I am just applying logic and will head out here on my merry way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast