Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

% of Posts

Article about: I have been a member for a while and I have noticed that over 90% of the posts on this site are related to the 1933-45 period in Germany I find it fascinating that after 80 years there is su

Default % of Posts

I have been a member for a while and I have noticed that over 90% of the posts on this site are related to the 1933-45 period in Germany I find it fascinating that after 80 years there is such a strong following.am I wrong.If you look at TV at any given time there is a program about Hitler the SS the Holocaust or anything to do with the Nazis-Seems ordinary folks are fascinated by this period in world history.I think you guys know what I am saying,do you think it is to much? I sort of do but I do enjoy my collecting interests. Comments.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement % of Posts
    P
    Many

Default Re: % of Posts

I would not say a 'strong following', but 'strong interest' instead
    to which I agree there seems to be..............

It is Memorial Day (or week !) in the USA, and WWII was a
    pretty big deal. Networks are programming to reflect this.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I will agree with you most tv programs on the history are about hitler ss the bodyguards. Himler don't see mutch about the holocorst but there are a lot of hitler related programs out at the moment ! I think it's just the must shocking period because of what hitler did therefor it draws intrest ....

There is now and there has been big $$$ made re: the Third Reich. It will never stop because the ones making the money won't let it.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

You know it's all about the money,my heart stops when I think how much time and treasure I have spent, its mind boggling.

Steve I think you are right,intrest is a better word.

?

It shows you the power of the propaganda and imagery projected by the Nazi's ..
    Even 75 to 80 years on, it still has the power to capture peoples fascination !
    .. That being the case, imagine how strong it must have been in it's contemporary period !

Gary J.

I agree,I can remember seeing films of the crows of people clamoring to get a look at Hitler,the look in their faces were ( for lack of a better phrase) like Beatles fans.

I never did a survey on this but it seems to me that Polish and other Militaria collectors are collectors either from that country, have descent from that country or are very Nationalistic for that country, whereas collectors of Nazi/Soviet memorabilia seem to in majority have no connection to those countries at all.....

Quote by operaman View Post
    I agree,I can remember seeing films of the crows of people clamoring to get a look at Hitler,the look in their faces were ( for lack of a better phrase) like Beatles fans.
    I know what you mean. This reminds me of a comment by David Bowie, who once called Hitler "the first rock star"....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast