Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Outrageous!

Article about: This must outrage many people, I feel some outrage. Very dark history, Blitzkrieg, the Katyn massacre, the camps, a very hard history for this country, and of course, much much history befor

WWII had actually started long before Britain and France declared war on Nazi Germany in early September 1939, I believe it was Churchill leading the way, the day after the Germans steamrolled into Poland. It was made official, and un-escapable then, but... there had already been a series of invasions, Austria and the Sudetenland in 1938, in March of 1939 the Germans rolled into Czechoslovakia (Munich Pact), all "peaceful" but it was obvious to anyone they were hellbent on conquest.

But then there's some that say that WWII in November 1918, the day the armistice was signed...

Quote by dramos View Post
    Well then.... There is a fine line between gutsy and stupid.
    Yes, and Mr. Andreev has crossed that line as eagerly as Comrade Stalin crossed the Polish border in 1939.

Comes as no surprise - people are again lead to believe that Finland started the Winter War .

So many wars, so little time...

My wife has been playing an audiobook through an ipod speaker system covering history of civilization as far back as it has been recorded, and it is wars, massacres, sieges, razing of cities, pillaging, taking slaves, more wars, massacres, etc, an endless cycle. Looks like we are about as peaceful today as we have ever been.

Quote by Larboard View Post
    So many wars, so little time...

My wife has been playing an audiobook through an ipod speaker system covering history of civilization as far back as it has been recorded, and it is wars, massacres, sieges, razing of cities, pillaging, taking slaves, more wars, massacres, etc, an endless cycle. Looks like we are about as peaceful today as we have ever been.
    Violence is at its lowest point in the history of humanity, at least according to Steven Pinker. Still, we can never escape our inner demons.

So, by this logic; the victim of the school bully is to blame when the bully gives him a black eye for not offering to hand over his lunch money

It is naieve to believe that politicians can be honest but this, really?

This is too ridiculous to warrant serious debate. I don't imagine anyone of any standing granting this nonsense even a little credibility!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12