Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Question on Arbeitsdienst Unit

Article about: Hi there!! I am trying to do some research on a unit of the Reichsarbeitsdienst/ on a specific soldier. I have added a few pictures of him (he's the one with the portrait with helmet) / his

Default Question on Arbeitsdienst Unit

Hi there!!

I am trying to do some research on a unit of the Reichsarbeitsdienst/ on a specific soldier.
    I have added a few pictures of him (he's the one with the portrait with helmet) / his unit, and I was wondering if anybody here is able to identify the unit numbers and what they mean? I do not even know his rank etc...
    I did not know where to post this, so I decided to post it here.

His own shoulder patch says "91", and the shoulder patch of his commander says "233". I also have a picture of him wearing the "233" shulder patch.

Thank you for your help!

all the best,
    0.S.
    Question on Arbeitsdienst UnitQuestion on Arbeitsdienst UnitQuestion on Arbeitsdienst UnitQuestion on Arbeitsdienst Unit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question on Arbeitsdienst Unit
    P
    Many

In Army uniform he wears the "91" of Inf Regt 91:

Infanterieregiment 91 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The RAD "233" sleeve insigne identifies personnel of the RAD-Gruppe 233.
    The "233 / 1" one is for personnel of Abteilung 1 of said Gruppe.
    (RAD-Gruppen 230 - 238 were subordinate to Arbeitsgau XXVII Thüringen [Thuringia]).

The rank insignia worn by the RAD officer in the first photograph are for an Arbeitsführer, Oberarbeitsführer or Oberstarbeitsführer (I can't tell the exaxt rank as the photograph is not clear enough to tell whether he has pips on his shoulder boards). Rank of the officer in the foreground of the second picture (is that the same man?) is Oberfelldmeister.

The rank in the two Heer studio portraits can't be told, but is definitely one of the private ranks. (To tell the exact rank - whether he is a Schütze, Oberschütze, Gefreiter etc. - we would have to see his left upper arm.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 07-14-2015 at 04:16 PM.

?

I agree with the assessment by HLP2008, here is some additional information Arbeitsgau XXIII Thüringen, Abt. 1/233 Hilburghausen, Honor Name 'Berthold von Henneberg', the enlisted man's 'Dienstellenabzeichen' or arm shield I have attached for reference, the officer grade would be made with a silver bullion type thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question on Arbeitsdienst Unit   Question on Arbeitsdienst Unit  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "