Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAD individual research

Article about: hello, i have a photo album of a RAD member named Fritz Schuster and i would like to possibly research this individual. could yall give me some information in this individual or point in the

Thumbs up RAD individual research

hello, i have a photo album of a RAD member named Fritz Schuster and i would like to possibly research this individual. could yall give me some information in this individual or point in the right direction.

i would also like a translation of the writing under the photos

what unit was he in? his location? any military service?
    RAD individual researchRAD individual researchRAD individual researchRAD individual researchRAD individual researchRAD individual researchRAD individual researchRAD individual researchRAD individual researchRAD individual research
    thanks
    john

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD individual research
    P
    Many

Thumbs up Re: RAD individual research

more picturesRAD individual researchRAD individual researchRAD individual researchRAD individual researchRAD individual researchRAD individual researchRAD individual research

Default Re: RAD individual research

The captions say, from top to bottom:

- Fritz Schuster
    - Oath-taking on 3 March 36
    - Break during drill exercises on the school yard, also called blood-field
    - After breakfast on 6 January 37
    - Shoveling snow on 14 February 37
    - As a memory to your brother [signed]
    - Construction site - forest on 7 February 37
    - Landscape photograph of the Heisterber Weiher [should be "Heisterberger Weiher", see notes below.]
    - My Time of Labor Service Duty from 1 Oct. 36 to 24 March 1937, Abteilung 7 - Gruppe 250 - Gau XXV
    - Driedorf
    - Squad photograph on 4 October 36
    - Driedorf in winter
    - The camp
    - Cleaning the quarters on 14 February 37
    - Sunday break on 22 February 37
    - Tearing off the calendar page from 4 to 5 February 37
    - Squad photograph on 7 November 36

Notes:

The Reichsarbeitsdienst [= National Labor Service] was organized into Arbeitsgaue [= Labor Gaue] which were subdivided into Gruppen [= Groups] to which in turn were subordinated the Abteilungen [= Detachments, roughly equivalent to an army company].
    This man was in Abteilung 7 of Gruppe 250 of Arbeitsgau XXV.
    Arbeitsgau XXV was called Hessen-Süd [= Hesse-South] with its headquarters at Wiesbaden; it controlled Gruppen 250 - 258.
    (Useful lists of identified units can be found at: RAD-Abteilungen
    and RAD Reichsarbeitsdienst )

Driedorf, referred to in the captions, is a community in the Westerwald in Hesse.
    see: Driedorf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Heisterberger Weiher [= Heisterberg Pond], also mentioned in one of the captions, is a pond with a recreational area located to the southeast of Heisterberg, which in turn is a part of the community of Driedorf
    see: Heisterberger Weiher - Campingurlaub - Baden - Gemeinde Driedorf - Lahn-Dill-Kreis - Hessischer Westerwald

That's all I can think of. Sorry, I cannot help with an approach for finding more info on this specific man.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 03-29-2011 at 07:22 PM.

klausj
    ?

Default Dad also served in Hessen sud RAD XXV gruppe 250

Hi. I am new to this so I hope I get it right. This might be a co incidence but my late dad also served for a 6mth stretch in RAD XXV gruppe 250 somewhere around late 1934 to late 1936.
    However I'm uncertain where he was located (worms, hachenburg area or this driedorf).
    I have attached some pics and would be grateful if you or anyone can shed any light on the location and maybe even some of the people.
    My dad (Oscar Jungling) was later called up and served as artillery observer with 16th Panzer division.
    Lucky for me he survived Stalingrad.

Again any help identifying the location would be much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD individual research   RAD individual research  

RAD individual research   RAD individual research