Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Reference Books

Article about: Hello Gents, I need advice on some TR uniforms reference books. I need a good book on SA uniforms. Preferably one that covers Hochland, Alpenland, Donau and Südmark. I need to complete a man

?

Default Reference Books

Hello Gents,

I need advice on some TR uniforms reference books.

I need a good book on SA uniforms. Preferably one that covers Hochland, Alpenland, Donau and Südmark. I need to complete a mannequin for one of the 4 mentioned.

I also need a good reference book on Wehrmacht combat uniforms. I need details on WH EM/NCO's and Officers combat uniforms for the Eastern theaters and DAK.

Thank you for you time

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reference Books
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reference Books

I've got a decent collection of PDF's that have DAK in there . Not a actual book but pretty useful anyways.About 20 in all. Mostly German reference books covering uniforms,helmets,badges,insignias,kriegsmarine,hee r,luftwaffe,SS,Waffen SS, & a few U.S. badges,insig,uniforms of army/navy. If you want to send me a PM if you re interested I'll give you the titles of each one and we can go from there. Anyone else interested can feel free too and i'll give you list of titles as well. Thanks, Jeff B.
    Last edited by Rigormortis; 09-21-2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

?

Hi,here`s a good book,255 pages,about $30,has everything in it,PM me for more info...Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reference Books  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Here`s a good site ,wouldn`t work,sorry........Main Page....
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Frustratingly little is available on the SA's uniforms and insignia.

Out of the publications on that subject, I would recommend John R. Angolia's "Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP and SA" and Vol. 3 of the "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" series by Wilhelm P.B.R. Saris & Jill Halcomb Smith.

Surely, the Angolia book is now more than 25 years old and in many ways dated and incomplete, but I am not aware of a suitable alternative to it.
    The "Headgear" title should be useful to you. Not only does it (obviously) cover SA headgear in great detail; its vast number of excellent period photographs and detailed coverage of specialized subjects like the development of SA group colors makes it of general interest far beyond the headgear world. (The same holds true for Wim Saris' "Aiguillettes of the Third Reich", but since this work covers practically all uniformed organizations, the SA section with its 49 pages makes up only a fraction of its total page count of 640.)

The Osprey Military title "The SA 1921-45: Hitler's Stormtroopers" (MAA series # 220) by David Littlejohn is quite nice with good, compact general information, well-selected period images and some lovely color plates with illustrations by Ron Volstad, but, by its very nature cannot go to any great depths in terms of detail.

I don't have any books on the SA, a few on the SS, but for the armed forces and the DAK I have a few, though it must be remembered that just about all, if not all of these will have items of dubious authenticity. Many of the Osprey books are worth a look at as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reference Books   Reference Books  

Reference Books   Reference Books  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I've posted this link many times but worth looking through the books on there as there is a vast selection and you might be able to find something of use.

Adolf Hitler and Third Reich media.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Scratch my post. The link Adrian gave you for the A.H. and 3rd Reich media has every pdf book I have and then some. Thats quite an outstanding site Adrian, can't believe I've never stumbled across it before. Like the newsreels section especially. Gonna take a while to go through all stuff there. Good suggestion with excellent reference material for just about all TR militaria you can think of.

?

Thank you for all the help guys It's not that i do not appreciate it. I have just been extremely busy with work and a cold. I will try to catch up on all the posts here. Thanks again

Regards, Lars