Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Research Books

Article about: Bearing in mind that you can't beat hands on experience, what 3 books would you recommend for a basic but broad based reference library for the collector of T.R items? I know there loads out

Default Re: Research Books

3 Books of your Choice! Being a Document Collector.

2 Forman's two volumes

3 Verbände und Truppen der Deutschen Wehrmacht und der Waffen-SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg 1939-1945.

Ok theres a Few more, than 3, Would also include Emilie Caldwell Stewart's Books.

Default Re: Research Books

If you want to research names and units etc, i'd start off with German Order of Battle by Samuel Mitcham-which even the first edition of the hardcover is still easily found for appx $30 USDS-Then you get Walther-Peer Fellgiebels book listing all the RKTs-or most of them. One alleged recipeints name missing is Sepp Allerberger. After this, some improved OrBat book by Nafziger etc.

For me, since I do get mostly 1939 stuff, I also like collecting original photographs as well. The above books help greatly especially if you don't have as much access to the internet like myself. Anyway, Mitchams book is good-but is full of holes. Fellgiebels book is great but also fullof holes and other mistakes. I think the Helion printed English language version supposedly has those mistakes corrected. I have that book too-just not much time lately to do any checking and cross-referencing in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12