Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Resource Book: The Kriegsmarine Awards - Weber & Skora

Article about: Gents, When i first joined this forum (posting of U-Boot-Kriegsabzeichen) it was Michael who recommended this book as a good resource for studying Kriegsmarine Awards: The Kriegsmarine Award

Default Resource Book: The Kriegsmarine Awards - Weber & Skora

Gents,

When i first joined this forum (posting of U-Boot-Kriegsabzeichen) it was Michael who recommended this book as a good resource for studying Kriegsmarine Awards:

The Kriegsmarine Awards - Vol 1+2 by Sascha Weber & Gerhard R.Skora.

I was able to pick this up a few weeks ago on a black Friday deal reduced to £100. Still expensive but cheaper than anywhere else.
    The books total over a 1,000 pages and are definitely written with the collector in mind. As you can see in the photos below they point out the idiosyncrasies found on different types of awards and what to look for.

Thus far i have precisely zero KM awards in my collection - i only have x1 EK2. But i figured it would be best to obtain this book first.
    I know other folk on these forums also use it.
    I'm interested in all WW2 and WW1 memorabilia but particularly like Third Reich awards and helmets.
    Next year i intend to branch out.

I also noticed the book mentions Norman Franke - is this NormF on this very forum?

Well anyway, hopefully with the book and the assistance of the many helpful people here i'll be able to pick up a few genuine awards.

Kind Regards,
    Nick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Resource Book: The Kriegsmarine Awards - Weber & Skora
    P
    Many

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    I also noticed the book mentions Norman Franke - is this NormF on this very forum?
    I can't think of any other Norm that has this much knowledge in this field or has done as much research into these awards.
    Happy to have him here!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I can't think of any other Norm that has this much knowledge in this field or has done as much research into these awards.
    Happy to have him here!
    Ralph.
    I strongly suspected that this was NormF. I have him 'earmarked' as one of several people who post on KM awards that are extremely knowledgeable.
    That's why I hope with my own study, following these threads and asking the right questions i'll have a good chance of picking up genuine items.

Nick