Become our sponsor and display your banner here

S.S.Breman

Article about: Just a stab in the dark here.Does anyone on the site know anything about the S.S.Bremen that was active in Trans Atlantic passenger from 1929 to her destruction in 1941.The reason I am askin

Default S.S.Breman

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bremmen 006.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	319985Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bremmen 005.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	319984Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bremmen 004.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	319983Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bremmen 003.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	319982Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bremmen 002.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	245.4 KB 
ID:	319981Just a stab in the dark here.Does anyone on the site know anything about the S.S.Bremen that was active in Trans Atlantic passenger from 1929 to her destruction in 1941.The reason I am asking is that I have come across a wooden model 44 in long 8 in high and 8 in across.She was in terrible shape when I found her in a attic in Ohio.I took the ship home and started to restore during restoration I was convinced this was not a child's toy or a ''model'' kit I think it may have been used as a display in a travel agency or at the North German Lines office.This thing is well made with several types of wood and very detailed.Does anyone know about ships.When I found it the poor thing had been used as a birds best and all the paint was peeling off but it was solid made.The reason I think it was a display is because it has a flat hollow bottom from stern to bow,I have enclosed some photos.Can anyone tell me what I have

?

Default Re: S.S.Breman

Hi Operaman,

I believe that the ship was in the plans for Operation Sea Lion, the aborted invasion of Great Britain. Later in the war, she was set alight by an ex-crew member who held a grudge...and was gutted. Then later, in 1946, she was broken up.

A model was sold at Christies last year, for a sum near 5,000 USD.

Below are a couple of images of the S.S.Bremen, including a shot of her whilst under construction.

Regards,

Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wypeya oki hi sni"