Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

School Project Question

Article about: Hey Guys! Were are now currently studying the holocaust and needed some help/questions. Did the Totenkomf SS division have any relation to the Nazi death camps? And for studying project purp

?

Default School Project Question

Hey Guys!
    Were are now currently studying the holocaust and needed some help/questions. Did the Totenkomf SS division have any relation to the Nazi death camps? And for studying project purposes do you guys know any other divisions or special groups that were part of the "Final Solution".
    Sorry if i offend anyone its just for school.
    Thanks
    Ryan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement School Project Question
    P
    Many

Default Re: School Project Question

You should look into the following:

'SS-Totenkopfverbände'

'Einsatzgruppen'

Those two should get you started with some good information about units who were directly involved with the holocaust. The internet has a wealth of information on both subjects, though books can often offer you a richer insight.

Hope this helps.

Josh

some info on the Einsatzgruppen they were basically exectution/death squads they had a leading role in the "final solutoin" duirng 1938 (czechslovakia) the idea was that they would follow advancing armies and secure papers and builidngs but could use force as freely as they wanted however during 1939 (poland) heydrich changed it a bit and allowed them to capture papers and buildings but also to kill any people who were considered hostile to germany (jews,gypsies etc) after germany had captured poland the Einsatzgruppen then were given orders to kill any upper class poles, preists and teachers. this was very different to 1940 when hitler invaded france and netherlands and belgium where the Einsatzgruppen followed again in the wake of the wehrmact but this time there only orders were to seize and secure papers and buildings (not execute). an interesting point would be that if "operation sealion" (invasion of uk) had gone ahead 6 groups were scedualed to follow the invasion (but i don't know what their orders were for that) finally we have "operation barborassa" (invasion of russia/ukraine) 1941 this was very similar to poland (elimintate all holstilities to germany).
    bear in mind there was also the "Einsatzkommando" these were su groups of the Einsatzgruppen formed during barbarssa when the russians were retreating so fast the group had to split up into many different sub groups each with a particular area to cover and (please excuse the expression) "hunt" within
    Last edited by talltom; 01-12-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: crappy spelling

?

Thanks So much do you know any books that have info on the SS-Totenkopfverbände? Because i need at least 1 book for my reference and the rest have to be on the internet.
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

Thanks So much Tom for the info! The einsatzgruppen are a choice that you can pick from the list my teacher gave me for a project. So if i cant find a book that is about the SS division i guess i have to go with the einsatzgruppen.
    Ryan

?

Thanks So much Tom!!