Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soldier research Inf.Rgt 36 Help

Article about: Hi All, I recently purchased a German Heer Waffenrock/Tunic and I have been trying to find who the owner was, this is what I have to go on from the description "Oberfeldwebel Bosmann se

Default Soldier research Inf.Rgt 36 Help

Hi All,
    I recently purchased a German Heer Waffenrock/Tunic and I have been trying to find who the owner was, this is what I have to go on from the description
    "Oberfeldwebel Bosmann serving with 8.(MG) Komp./ Inf.Rgt.36."
    I looked up the unit on lexicon and got confused, so many different divisions and such, I did the online grave search and found about 15 Bosmanns with no information on what unit they served in, just when they died and where they are buried, I am trying to find a link between him and his exact unit so I can find out his first name and properly Id him, I was told there are definate unit lists existing from 1938, where? I know this may be impossible and an exhausting research effort, so if anyone can help me out or give me some direction on where to go from here it would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Soldier research Inf.Rgt 36 HelpSoldier research Inf.Rgt 36 HelpSoldier research Inf.Rgt 36 Help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldier research Inf.Rgt 36 Help
    P
    Many

If his name appears in any unit lists then those files will probably be held in the NARA archives but the chances are that unless he won a high end award it will be a needle in a haystack job to find out his details, especially without a Date Of Birth.
    He might of been in 8./IR 36 when he had that tunic but there is always a good chance that he was transferred to another unit at some point.
    As you can see when you look at the Lexikon page there is a book relating to IR 36 which might be your starting point - but how rare that book is I don't know.

Infanterieregiment 105 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Not easy, you can't ask to the Wast if you are not of the family...

- - ------- - -

Infanterieregiment 105 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thank you for the replies, yes a needle in a haystack is a good way to put it, I will keep trying to narrow it down but I have little hope with finding out anymore info on Herr Bosmann, I am not family so my resources are limited, at least I have a last name to go with my tunic, which is better then no name at all.