Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS commander in Minneapolis!

Article about: SS commander just located in Minneapolis. Funny thing is I lived a mile away from him for the last two years. Amazing to think that these people are still out there. Poland confirms Minnesot

Default SS commander in Minneapolis!

SS commander just located in Minneapolis. Funny thing is I lived a mile away from him for the last two years. Amazing to think that these people are still out there.

Poland confirms Minnesota man as Nazi commander - ABC News

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS commander in Minneapolis!
    P
    Many

By the time this fellow is dragged through courts and what not he will most likely be dead

War crimes are war crimes, but locking up a 98 year old man for whatever years he has left always seemed sad to me.

Quote by Artifact View Post
    War crimes are war crimes, but locking up a 98 year old man for whatever years he has left always seemed sad to me.
    It should be made public who he is and what he did (allegedly) but I feel it would be a waste of money prosecuting him, although there are probably many legal people rubbing their hands anticipating a nice money earner in legal fees

Like the article said... I think he will not be sent due to "health issues". Makes you wonder if it's true how much his wife, kids actually know or if he has always kept it secret.

I feel so conflicted when I see stories like this. It was something he did while 24 years old and probably retreating as they were getting their asses kicked by the Russians. Not that its condoned, but the phrase (It was a lifetime ago) comes into play. That being said..... how would you feel if he ordered your wife and children placed in a building and burned. Does time erase that???

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    Like the article said... I think he will not be sent due to "health issues". Makes you wonder if it's true how much his wife, kids actually know or if he has always kept it secret.
    Actually, it said,
    "He added the man's age was no obstacle in seeking to bring him before justice"

"Prosecutors in Germany shelved their own investigation of Karkoc in 2015 after saying they had received "comprehensive medical documentation" from doctors at the geriatric hospital in the U.S. where he was being treated that led them to conclude he was not fit for trial.

Karkoc's family says he suffers from Alzheimer's disease.

Zuroff urged that he be reassessed by independent doctors."

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I would hazard a guess that all this would finish him off anyway. Justice for the victims would then be served somewhat....

He is not SS but ukrainian collaborator in german service - his case has been going on for years. There are and were other ukrainian war criminals living in usa and canada, who came in 1945 using Polish pre-war document claiming to be Poles...

Ralph,

Sorry, I was thinking something but didn't write it - I am not an actuary but I would say there is a 50% chance each year that this guy dies naturally since he's 98. Time to spend that 401k in lawyer fees to Delay Delay Delay.

Like another member said - how much would it cost to send him back. Charter plane? It's not like you are strapping this guy into a Delta coach seat.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast