Become our sponsor and display your banner here

SS EM/NCO's granddaughter gave a gift to me!!!

Article about: Hello all!!! I was just informed that a German lady who spends her time in Crete gave my father a gift! Annoyed from this ads?   The story so far is this... Right now i work in Athens b

Default SS EM/NCO's granddaughter gave a gift to me!!!

Hello all!!! I was just informed that a German lady who spends her time in Crete gave my father a gift!

The story so far is this...

Right now i work in Athens but my father is at Crete! So he calls me and tells me that that lady is interested in cats (!!!)... My father gave her a kitten that he found on the road so the lady was very happy! She is our neighbor but we never had to met each other! She invited my father for a coffee and to chat for a while about the kitten!
    When the talk went on my love for the history and the items of WW2 she told that her grandfather was an SA member and later he joined the SS!!!!
    She had some period books that gave as a gift to my father for me (i couldn't understand the titles my father was mumbling because we both are amateurs on the German language). There are 2 period books, one post war about the Germans who stood against Hitler (my father said it mentions Stauffenberg among others) and a special (i guess post-war) collection of audio cassets in a case with ilustrated front and back cover with many Hitler's speeches! I asked if she has anyother items from her ancestor and the response of my father was 'maybe, i will ask'!!

I asked him to learn as much as he can for the old man's career at the war like his division, his rank and his fate but i think this would be difficult for a lady to know especially if we calculate that now she is a member of the German Communist Party(!!!)...

When i have more news and when my father returns from Crete (he said this Sunday) i will take pictures of the items she gifted!

?

Nothing like being excited about a gift.

?

My great grandfather was an SA member then went to Waffen SS, I believe he was in 2nd SS for 1942-1943 then from 1944- to mid 1944 he was in the Skanderbeg. He died in Yugoslavia. I also recently learned he went to the Berlin Olympics in 1936. A photo album survived the war with alot of pictres in it but like alot of his things, they were ruined in a flood. My grandma says some stuff like daggers and helmets are buried in Salzburg. Time to dig.....

Cool Stuff Will
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Stauffenberg???!!!

Fianlly the gift arrived!
    The two books are modern ones and unlike my father said so i will not bother you with these!
    I will show you the three cases with cassetes!

What do you think? I found it very cool but my knowledge of the german language is very limited so i can't enjoy them! I think they make a good archive add!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8059.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	753288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8060.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	753289  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8065.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	753294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8061.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	225.1 KB 
ID:	753290  

Name:	IMG_8062.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	753291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8063.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	753292  

Name:	IMG_8064.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	215.9 KB 
ID:	753293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8066.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	753295  

Hi Lk, I understand your pain with reading German. Sehr schwer
    Regards SK