Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ss officer name and rank

Article about: I wonder if anyone out there can help ID an ss officer. I have a cap with a name inside. It may have been written by someone else but its worth a try because there are initials in metal insi

Default Re: ss officer name and rank

I Would love to show some but THe Time it takes to downloade pics to this forum is way too long and Its rather boring waiting to find that some pics dont show up I sent several of the inside of that cap plus the badges., They're not there!
    I am a busy man and I dont have the time to be sending pics just to have nothing appear. Maybe sometime though.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss officer name and rank
    P
    Many

If they are large pictures, they may need reducing to speed up the upload time. Take them into photoshop or something like that, and reduce them to about 800 pixels, they won't take so long to load up then

Quote by ALLERBERGER View Post
    Hey M.M. don`t get disheartened ! genuine SS artifacts are hard to come by and if it`s not right you still have a pretty nice piece to look at until you can obtain one This is a nice friendly place with some great guys putting in super info plus some good humour here and there ( look out for phil ) Get involved and let`s see some of your other stuff !

cheers Al
    Oh No Not disheartened in the least It will please somebody. No good to me even if it was Heydrich's or Himmlers own. It still would be passed on like other items of this sort. just thought as there was a name it might be worth finding out who the owner was. Seems to one fella that it is a complete non entity so no matter as I say It'll please somebody
    MM

harrydonut
    ?

First thing to look at in any supposed original third reich visor are the chin-cord slide bases. If these are zinc under the bullion wrap, you know at least this part of the piece is original. there are other things to look for as well. Accept only supported information, that would be substantiated proof of fakery. Otherwise you may be selling a valuable original to one of the Shysters in Sheep's Clothing, uh, Reputable Dealer/Expert, I mean...

First thing to look at in any supposed original third reich visor are the chin-cord slide bases. If these are zinc under the bullion wrap, you know at least this part of the piece is original. there are other things to look for as well. Accept only supported information, that would be substantiated proof of fakery.
    Thanks, this is at least some advice,, I find on most forums whether it be for ww2 or Imperial. there are a multitude of people who will gladly tell you you have a fake, but rarely do they elaborate and explain why items are fake. It's as if they take delight in leaving one disappointed but none the wiser!. I'm sorry, but it appears that way.

Sorry to say, I can tell you the deathshead insignia is certainly fake. The is the so called "moustach" fake. Look at the heavy lines above the top lip of the skull's mouth: never found on any original skull. See our SS cap insignia forum for many more of these fakes.

I have cropped your pic and re-posted it here for ease of viewing.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images ss officer name and rank 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Good Ade. I was told these were 'bad' before with no other explanation , so it's very helpfull to have you explain why.

My pleasure. Just wish I had better news for you.

I am 99.9% certain the whole cap is bad. The interior will tell the full story.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default SS Fritz Freitag photo - Can you read Russian?

Hi,

I received this photo today.

On the reverse something written in Russian. Do you know what it means?

Thanksss officer name and rankss officer name and rankss officer name and rankss officer name and rank

Hello, sorry to say this is a fake picture, the so called 'Russian Archive Type', so I wouldn't worry too much about what it says if I were you. I have been caught out with one of these before and they are discussed in this thread Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2