Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS-Panzer-Ersatz- u. Ausbildungs-Regiment Detmold-Augustdorf

Article about: I was stationed in Lothian barracks Detmold in early 80s. It was an ex- Panzer kaserne so I have been doing some research on which Regiments were stationed there. Among the many units that p

Default SS-Panzer-Ersatz- u. Ausbildungs-Regiment Detmold-Augustdorf

I was stationed in Lothian barracks Detmold in early 80s. It was an ex- Panzer kaserne so I have been doing some research on which Regiments were stationed there.

Among the many units that passed through,he above regiment caught my interest but I cant find anything perhaps because all the sources are in German!

I know its a long shot but if anyone can help at all I would be very grateful

Cheers

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Panzer-Ersatz- u. Ausbildungs-Regiment Detmold-Augustdorf
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS-Panzer-Ersatz- u. Ausbildungs-Regiment Detmold-Augustdorf

Hi Nick,

Unfortuntately the main reference I have that's based on Tessin only lists it as being in Detmold-Augustdorf - no details other than the title, so there may not be any surviving records...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

What a shame, many thanks for taking the time to look Matt

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I was there in the early 70s, there was an old guy , german, who was the gate guard, come handy man, we called him Hans i think, he was stationed there during the war and he was ex SS panzer rgt, dont know which one though, remember the large stone staircases leading to the upstairs barracks, even found an old m40 helmet there in the boiler room basement, the walls inside the barracks were all tiled and painted two colours, bottom ones were dark brown the uppers were white

Lucky you finding the helmet! By the time I was there the barracks had been thoroughly searched for such items!

This is a pic of the front, I would love to see more pics, I didnt take many of the barracks when I was there

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images SS-Panzer-Ersatz- u. Ausbildungs-Regiment Detmold-Augustdorf 

?

SORRY , thats not the same place, the entrance to the one i was at had a large archway with the german lettering above and big iron railing gates, wish i could remember the name of the place but it was more or less right in the town of Detmold, 5 minutes walk from a cafe called the Funke

Are you thinking of Hobart barracks? What Regiment were you in? I was in the Life Guards, I think between us and the Blues & Royals we were in Lothian barracks for decades

Nick

?

I was there with a cadet unit , im not sure but i think the REME were the rgt stationed there, and it could be Hobart, the Sgts mess was an old officers mess room , very nice Carlsberg served

Quote by davejb View Post
    SORRY , thats not the same place, the entrance to the one i was at had a large archway with the german lettering above and big iron railing gates, wish i could remember the name of the place but it was more or less right in the town of Detmold, 5 minutes walk from a cafe called the Funke
    Barracks down in town was called Ellis. During my time in Detmold (1979-92) Ellis Barracks was split between an Ordnance Coy (41 Ord) and Court Martial Centre, and a Bundewehr field ambulance.

Hi Yorkie, welcome to the forum!

Yes Ellis barracks, I remember. Where were you stationed?

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast