Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Panzer Officers Interrogation report regarding 17th SS Panzer Grenadier Division's last days.

Article about: Never-Before-Seen WWII Document Offers An Inside Account Of An Elite Nazi Combat Unit's Collapse - Yahoo Finance Interrogation report of an officer of the 17th SS Panzer Grenadier Division,

Default SS Panzer Officers Interrogation report regarding 17th SS Panzer Grenadier Division's last days.

Never-Before-Seen WWII Document Offers An Inside Account Of An Elite Nazi Combat Unit's Collapse - Yahoo Finance

Interrogation report of an officer of the 17th SS Panzer Grenadier Division, documenting their attempts to hold together in the ensuing American invasion.

Article lead-in:

Mon, Jul 14, 2014

American G.I. John Frankemolle was guarding a group of captured German soldiers in Europe during World War II when an intelligence officer handed him an interrogation of prisoner of war (IPW) report. The officer told Frankemolle to keep the papers to himself and give it back to him after reading it — but that was the last time the two ever saw each other.

Seventy years later, 90-year-old Frankemolle still has that report, which he stored in his Long Island home alongside photos and mementos from his period of service with the U.S. Navy Armed Guard. The two-page Special IPW Report, titled The Odyssey of Goetz Von Berlightngen, is an English translation of a first-hand account written by an unnamed Nazi Schutzstaffel (SS) staff officer in the presence of his American interrogators.

Frankemolle believes he may have one of the last copies of that forgotten document, which his family agreed to share with Business Insider.

Nazi SS combat troops were Hitler's most diehard and elite soldiers, still notorious for their wartime atrocities. But this officer's account reveals that he and his comrades fought hard — but suffered from waning morale in the months following the Allies' successful D-Day invasion of the European mainland on June 6, 1944.

Actual document account:

SS Panzer Officers Interrogation report regarding 17th SS Panzer Grenadier Division's last days.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzer Officers Interrogation report regarding 17th SS Panzer Grenadier Division's last days.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ha! Well crap. I even looked for one already up. I must be blind. I guess the mods will close one.

Very cool story. It's amazing how much is still out there waiting to be discovered.

MAP
    ?

Quote by avenger View Post
    Ha! Well crap. I even looked for one already up. I must be blind. I guess the mods will close one.

Very cool story. It's amazing how much is still out there waiting to be discovered.
    No problem. They should close mine. You've actually provided more details!

Agree, it is a cool story and a facinating read.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)