Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which SS Reference Book is better? Need Advice

Article about: I was wondering which books are an excellent source for reference in regards to collecting? I have been tossing around 2 titles: 1). Uniforms of the Waffen-SS. Micheal Beaver. All volumes Un

Default Which SS Reference Book is better? Need Advice

I was wondering which books are an excellent source for reference in regards to collecting? I have been tossing around 2 titles:

1). Uniforms of the Waffen-SS. Micheal Beaver. All volumes
    Uniforms of the Waffen-SS: Volume 1 by Michael D. Beaver - Schifferbooks.com

2).
    Uniforms of the Third Reich: A Study in Photographs. Arthur Hayes Jon Maguire

Uniforms of the Third Reich: A Study in Photographs by Arthur Hayes and Jon Maguire - Schifferbooks.com

All of these look excellent. But your opinions will help a lot. I'm pretty sure i will buy all of them over time, but which is the best to start with? Or is there another book just as good? Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Which SS Reference Book is better?  Need Advice
    P
    Many

Default Re: Which SS Reference Book is better? Need Advice

What is it your looking to learn about the ss? Edge weapons, Uniforms, Units, etc....? This would help in choosing your first book. Like you say, soon I will have all of them. I think thats the best idea. No matter which book i've bought lately, I always find another is helpful. I wish I would have bought more earlier on, would have saved me a ton! Good luck. I'd would comment on a certian book, but I feel there are more suitable members to do so.

if you can find them.books by andrew mollo.he had it all!.

Thanks for you help Harry. I agree the more reference materials the better. Primarily i am looking for books on uniforms and also medals.

Glad you posted this request concerning SS items Octavian. I will check out these books you mentioned. Value info to have when looking for these items. Take care

- - Updated - -

Glad you posted this request concerning SS items Octavian. I will check out these books you mentioned. Value info to have when looking for these items. Take care

Arthur Hayes is a good start for the beginner.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The "problem" is that different reference books have totally different approaches to the subject matter and that they focus on different aspects, too; there is no single reference work that covers everything.
    Thus, it is almost impossible to recommend a single one; if you really want useful information that is both broad and in-depth, you will have to go for a whole number of different titles.

I agree 100%.All SS books are tools and you will glean from each one information that will help you!Try Ebay on this one as they do have SS books a bit cheaper than the $70-85 retail on these books from a dealer.Good Luck

Thanks for more suggestions. I found a used copy of Michael Beaver's vol 1 Uniforms. To narrow down the many many selections out there, i am looking for a book on Cuff Titles and SS Collar Tabs primarily. Then i would like an excellent book on the EK's and the RK's. Thanks.

You could try messaging Friederich Berthold and asking him....I would think if anyone would know the best reference materials, it would be him.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast