Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange

Article about: Very cool, a great little project! Could you perhaps PM me your translators contact details and costs? I might send him a couple of FP that I have.

Default Re: The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange

The name of the port could not be translated?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Hmm I actually do not know but I have sent a email to my translator to see if it was censured by him or someone, or perhaps he had written D........ or maybe my translator were unable to translate it. Will let you know as soon as I get a reply!

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I just took a closer look at the feldpost letter and it seems Günter has written "D........" because he knew he could not name the port but interestingly tells about the first letter of the name... I wonder how many ports there are that starts with D around the sea of Azov..

I found a place called Dolzhanskaya on the eastern coast of the Sea of Azov.

edited: my bad, I didn't actually take note of where the Sea of Azov was in relation to the German frontline at that time This port would probably have been west of Rostov, somewhere along the northern coast of the Sea of Azov?
    Last edited by slados28; 10-02-2012 at 04:40 PM.

?

Wonderful thread, better than any novel I ever read!

All the best,
    Stefan

?

Default Feldpost 8 - East, 22.1.42

Feldpost 8 - East, 22.1.42

Dear Parents!

Have received your letter. I was very pleased about the pictures. Are the pictures on the film that had not been developed ready yet? Please send me those, too. You do not have to send the case.

How is Papa? I hope the eyes have not got worse. You write that Helmut Gerling has been wounded. Could you please send me his address? Papa is right when he says that a soldier needs luck. I have had my last will and testament ready several times, too. But one must keep nerves of steel. There is so much space besides.

You ask after my car. I have given it an overhaul. Rebored the cylinders, fitted new pistons, etc. I have not managed to start it up yet because of the cold. I work day after day, because no vehicle is a match for these ‘roads’ in the long run.

Heil Hitler!

Your Günter

Attachment 431699
    Attachment 431700
    Last edited by Bill T; 12-06-2012 at 04:28 PM.

?

Default Feldpost 9 - East, 16.2.42

Feldpost 9 - East, 16.2.42

Dear Parents!

Unfortunately I did not get round to write a letter yesterday on Sunday as I had planned. I had to be out on guard yesterday as today. Therefore I only send a short greeting!

Heil Hitler!

Günter

Attachment 405993

This is one of the best threads on the forum, we really appreciate you sharing these translations for us to read Monuir

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

You are welcome, I am happy everyone is enjoying them with me! Now I've got 39 letters from Günter but I have only afforded to translate 9 of them so far so this is all of the translated letters so far, I will try to save enough to have 5-10 more translated this month. I'm very eager to get to the point where he gets transfered to the western front. Will post them as soon as they are translated.

Best regards,
    Dan

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast