Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange

Article about: Very cool, a great little project! Could you perhaps PM me your translators contact details and costs? I might send him a couple of FP that I have.

?

Default Re: The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange

Kursk is over now Danny and the LAH is in Italy !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Kursk is over now Danny and the LAH is in Italy !!
    Thanks Paul! Got to buy myself a LAH book so I can study the history of the division. Wow, what were they doing all the way over there? Waiting for the Allied invasion I guess! The LAH sure got sent around!

?

They were sent to Italy after Kursk for a refit but leaving the Panzers behind in Russia , whilst in Italy they became involved in Anti Partisan operations, together with the Reichsfuhrer SS Division they were the only Waffen SS Troops to operate in Italy.

They were joined by the Panther Abt in Italy as contrary to populay myth no SS Panthers were engaged at Kursk !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Default Feldpost 27 - O.u., the 19.9.43

Feldpost 27 - O.u., the 19.9.43

Dear Parents!

After a long time I have the opportunity of writing to you once again. I received the parcel with the cigarettes several days ago. I was very pleased. My warmest thanks.

I am very well. In the meantime I have made it to the position of Commander’s driver, and drive a large Alfa-Romeo limousine. We are presently stationed in a wonderful area. Both of us drivers and a batman are living at the Commander’s, in a villa directly on a lake, surrounded by mountains. When we get up in the morning we put our swimming trunks on, run down the stairs, and jump into the water. Today we organised an outrageous motorboat for ourselves. It does 60km/hour and belonged to an American. That’s the real thing.

There is no further news from here. I therefore want to close for today, with warmest regards.

Heil Hitler!

Günter

© Copyright D. Linoubli "Monuir" 2012 - Do not copy or republish pictures or text without permission

?

"Soldiers from the Leibstandarte murdered 49 Jewish refugees near Lake Maggiore, who had fled there after the German takeover. The murders happened between 15 and 24 September. Some of the victims had their feet and hands tied and were drowned."

Maybe Günter took part of this? The date is right and lake Maggiore is indeed a lake surrounded by mountains as Günter desribes the place where he is..

Lake Maggiore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

You are quite right Danny the LAH were accused of anumber of atrocities whilst in Italy during their disarming of Italian Troops and Anti Partisan activities including this one , On 19 September 1943 the Italian town of Boves was shelled by troops commanded by Joachim Peiper and 34 civilians killed in retaliation for the capture of two Waffen-SS officers.

1st July 1916

?

Danny what was his exact unit , has he kept the same Feldpost nummer all the way through ? We should be able to asceratin who his commander was which could provide much more info on exactly where he was !

1st July 1916

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Danny what was his exact unit , has he kept the same Feldpost nummer all the way through ? We should be able to asceratin who his commander was which could provide much more info on exactly where he was !
    he used "Fieldpost–number 29707C" for the whole war!

?

Cheers mate , so Stab I / SS Panzer Grenadier Regt 1 , i'll check my files and come back to you .

1st July 1916

?

Awesome. Thanks to Paul for checking out the unit info, Im really interested in learning more about Gunters Unit's actions.

And of course thank you to Danny for the great daily "letter home". Much appreciated. I'm glad you got the watermarker working now too my friend.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast