Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thai swastikas

Article about: Here are a few images from our recent trip to Thailand, a wonderful destination I might add. The swastika, as most will already know, has been used as an ancient Asian symbol of prosperity a

?

Default Thai swastikas

Here are a few images from our recent trip to Thailand, a wonderful destination I might add.

The swastika, as most will already know, has been used as an ancient Asian symbol of prosperity and peace for many years, long before the days of the Third Reich. The images shown, apologies for the lack of quality but they were taken from a speeding car, are of a few examples of how the symbol is visible today. Several monks we saw, as well as 'regular' folk, also have the symbol upon their person, in the form of various tattoos showing the many forms of the swastika.

Also shown is a shot of the Bridge over the River Kwai, which we saw on our way to Kanchanaburi. The ancient city of Siam, known as Mueng Boran, is a must see for any visitor. And as for the food...don't get me started...

Cheers,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thai swastikas   Thai swastikas  

Thai swastikas   Thai swastikas  

Thai swastikas   Thai swastikas  

Attached Images Attached Images Thai swastikas 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thai swastikas
    P
    Many

Default Re: Thai swastikas

Thanks for sharing, Carl!
    Very nice photo, the one with the knocked out tiger.

Regards

?

Default Re: Thai swastikas

Thank you Ingrid, glad you like them. As for the tiger, it was just another hot, hot day I guess...and a beautiful cat, doing what cats do best!

Regards,

Carl