Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Third Reich and Now

Article about: Hi Nick, it was rather funny when we went 4 years ago. We were there doing a tour of Berlin with comrades from our living history group, 2nd Guards. We had earlier visited the sites of SA HQ

Default Third Reich and Now

another excellent link ! Third Reich before and now

german language .

Der Fhrerbunker heute

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich and Now
    P
    Many

Default Re: Third Reich and Now

Pierre, nice site, I was there a few years ago and it cleared some things up for me. Thanks for the link, enjoyed it. John

Great pictures!

I was in Berlin in 1981 on a military guided tour which included a visit into East Berlin, I will never forget it!

I saw many Nazi relics but we were never shown the site of the bunker, not sure why. Is it located in the old Russian sector?

Nick

Absolutely incredible...I have never seen photos of the inside before.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Very cool! Thanks for the link! Merci mon homme!

Rob

Wolfspear,
    I was stationed in W Berlin in the army, 65-67. If you looked at the Brandenburg Gate the bunker was to the right about 200 yds just over the wall in E Berlin. The land around it was clear back then and apartment buildings were put up after I left. I went back in 2000 and could not locate the exact area but the video cleared it up for me. Many many wartime bunkers still there. John

Very nice! Thanks!

Me and Lez at the Fuhrerbunker site in April 2005.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Reich and Now  

Quote by johnhmcgary View Post
    Wolfspear,
    I was stationed in W Berlin in the army, 65-67. If you looked at the Brandenburg Gate the bunker was to the right about 200 yds just over the wall in E Berlin. The land around it was clear back then and apartment buildings were put up after I left. I went back in 2000 and could not locate the exact area but the video cleared it up for me. Many many wartime bunkers still there. John
    John, wow I wish I had seen Berlin in the 60s! You must have some great memories.

I must go back soon

Cheers

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Me and Lez at the Fuhrerbunker site in April 2005.

Cheers, Ade.
    Looks a little bit different from the 40s!!!

Must have been an amazing experience! I will seek it out next time I am over there.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast