Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Third Reich in Ruins (Then and Now pics)

Article about: Third Reich in Ruins Here is a site i've been visiting for quite a long time! It has pictures of famous Reich's buildings from back then and their condision now! The famous Then & Now co

It's been on my favourites for years ! Fascinating

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

great site.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Stumbled upon that site some time ago and have revisited often. Always reminds me that I want to make a trip one day.

When I was a youngster growing up in Germany, I used to keep a sharp look-out for such remnants of the past...Nazi Slogans painted on houses in Mannheim (still readable despite all efforts to white-wash them!), Arrows with "LSR" painted on walls indicating the nearest air raid shelter, Eagles here and there with the Swastikas removed/replaced, the concrete remains of the Flak-emplacements outside of Mannheim, and many more similar examples...including several of these eagles at our local soccer-field in Lampertheim, where the Hakenkreuz was replaced with the town's coat-of-arms...In addition, every community has a memorial for its fallen soldiers, here is the one in Lampertheim, my mother's hometown and where I grew up as a youngster...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	denkmal.jpg 
Views:	1925 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	744980  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'll take photos of the left... beautiful!!
    this is a beauty... see the Flak 88 ammo !!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flakturm12cmBA.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	745827

?

yes, a very good site with many, varied site pics

If anyone reading this topic should like to know, the owner of this website is a wonderful fellow, and operates as a personal guide by request . . . I would recommend his guidance to anyone interested in visiting any of the places he follows on his website.

JMM
    ?

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    If anyone reading this topic should like to know, the owner of this website is a wonderful fellow, and operates as a personal guide by request . . . I would recommend his guidance to anyone interested in visiting any of the places he follows on his website.
    Thank's for the info. Didn't know. Very useful

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Thanks for the input N.C.Wyeth!!

It is a great site. I have used it many times when I am visiting Germany to track down areas of interest in the towns and cities I am passing through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12