Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Treasure Trove

Article about: Did you guys read about the farmer in Austria that dug up a horde of Medieval jewels and gold.Makes one wonder a Nazi hiding place an American hiding place or just dumb luck,I would love to

Default Treasure Trove

Did you guys read about the farmer in Austria that dug up a horde of Medieval jewels and gold.Makes one wonder a Nazi hiding place an American hiding place or just dumb luck,I would love to know the history behind this gold.What was it that Wagner said in his opera''nothing good will come from this Reingold"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Treasure Trove
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Treasure Trove

Yes.
    He kept the stuff in a bag for a couple of years. I guess he didn't have a clue as to its value.
    The largest stash of Austrian medevil jewelry to date. When I dig in my garden all I ever find are aluminium beer can tabs.
    SteveR

What was it that Wagner said in his opera''nothing good will come from this Reingold" QUOTE.

Well said, Not far from me a short while back, a guy with an old MD found a huge amount of Saxon gold and silver, the most ever found in the U.K. and soon dubbed 'The Staffordshire Horde' beautiful and unique finds that you could only dream of finding.

He was awarded a large sum of money, as the finds were classed as treasure trove, it ran into the millions and he was to split it 50-50 with his friend the farmer who owned the land.

But it's all gone sour, he says the farmer's been digging up his fields looking for more treasure, the farmer denies this and has now barred him from his land etc. etc. they're fighting like two cats in a bag, and rumours of litigation are flying around too. Sad really.

So yeah Operaman, you (and Herr Wagner) got that dead right.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The Quote comes fro Wagner's Das Rhiengold scene four'' Since by curse it came to me, accursed be this ring!Since the gold gave me measureless might,now may it's magic bring death to whomever wears it. In German it sounds much better and with the music it is thrilling.

Quote by operaman View Post
    The Quote comes fro Wagner's Das Rhiengold scene four'' Since by curse it came to me, accursed be this ring!Since the gold gave me measureless might,now may it's magic bring death to whomever wears it. In German it sounds much better and with the music it is thrilling.
    Hmmm.... A little worrying to say the least. But i believe the farmer got a nice, new shiny tractor out of the deal, so it's not all bad!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

the new tractor was a mightily appreciated gift for pulling his head out of his a$$....LOL

?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    the new tractor was a mightily appreciated gift for pulling his head out of his a$$....lol
    :d