Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

U 505 U boat chicago

Article about: Very interesting thread. Thanks to all. The pictures of the sub, the aircraft, and the scenes from Gettysburg are all great.

Default Re: U 505 U boat chicago

Hey scout I do believe I see photos of the Virginia monument and Longstreet and little round top taken from te new York monument, all at Gettysburg...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U 505 U boat chicago
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    A great place !! I didnt know a Dornier 335 still existed somewhere !

Nick
    Thats from the Udvar-Hazy/Smithsonian.
    I have been there several times and heartily recommend it.
    You should go there - it will blow your mind, if you are the slightest bit interested in aviation.
    The PFEIL was one of the reasons I went there. The push-pull 335 was the fastest prop plane from WWII and that one is the only one left.
    Just beheind the Pfeil, they have the fuselage of the only Heinkel 219 'UHU' in the world.
    It was found in Denmark and transported to the US.
    Several unique planes at the Udvar - a fantastic place to visit

Quote by Scout View Post
    Thats from the Udvar-Hazy/Smithsonian.
    I have been there several times and heartily recommend it.
    You should go there - it will blow your mind, if you are the slightest bit interested in aviation.
    The PFEIL was one of the reasons I went there. The push-pull 335 was the fastest prop plane from WWII and that one is the only one left.
    Just beheind the Pfeil, they have the fuselage of the only Heinkel 219 'UHU' in the world.
    It was found in Denmark and transported to the US.
    Amazing ! Both the Pfeil and the Uhu were my favourite scale models to make !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Amazing ! Both the Pfeil and the Uhu were my favourite scale models to make !!

Nick
    No kidding! Funny coincidence.
    The PFEIL is my favourite WWII prop plane and I quite like the UHU too!
    Well then in that case, here just for you; The PFEIL and the UHU from the UDVAR.

Speaking of models: On one of my visits to the UDVAR, several Japanese gentlemen clad in white overalls were crawling all over the UHU (literally) and taking pics with nifty looking cameras. They were all from a scale model building magazine.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Hey scout I do believe I see photos of the Virginia monument and Longstreet and little round top taken from te new York monument, all at Gettysburg...
    Well spotted. Quite an experience standing at Little Round Top after having read so much about it.
    Gettysburg was moving. Well, all the battlefields were. I went on a trip through 15-17 states and checked out battlefields all over the US.
    We rode in this V10 behemoth

What a treat, many thanks mate

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Where are those planes at?
    Ryan

?

Scout excellent snaps makes me want to jump my campervan & get over there!!! thanks very much. Where was those last few photos taken?? That farmhose looks pretty bleak!!! Cheers Terry & Aly.

?

Quote by rbemer207 View Post
    Where are those planes at?
    Ryan
    Ryan, first of all - sorry for going OT in your thread. Im a sub and plane nutter, so went a little overboard.
    The plane pics are from
    The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center near Washington Dulles.
    Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
    14390 Air & Space Museum Parkway
    Chantilly, VA 20151 USA
    Info: 703-572-4118
    An absolutely fantastic place to visit if you are into aviation.

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    Scout excellent snaps makes me want to jump my campervan & get over there!!! thanks very much. Where was those last few photos taken?? That farmhose looks pretty bleak!!! Cheers Terry & Aly.
    Thank you.
    You should rent a camper and go for a tour round the battlefields. Absolutely amazing.
    Pics are from Gettysburg. Statue and rocky outcrop are Little Round Top.
    Astounding to be standing there after having read so much about it.
    Farmhouse is bleak yes. Plenty of 'bleak' going around in Gettysburg............, Chancellorsville, First and Second Manassas, Seven Days Battles, Chikamauga, The Wilderness, Shiloh, Antietam, Fredericksburg, Vicksburg and all the rest of the battlefields we visited.
    This is also a Gettysburg building:

Though not on a battlefield, this desolate farmhouse is from Fort Knox, KY. Not far from the Patton Museum there:

These three are from the small town of Appomattox Court House:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast