Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U.S. Army Treasure Warehouse?

Article about: Inside The Army's Spectacular Hidden Treasure Room Hello all, I never knew this existed, someone made me aware of it and I thought I would pass it on. If I posted it in the wrong are

Default U.S. Army Treasure Warehouse?

Inside The Army's Spectacular Hidden Treasure Room

Hello all,

I never knew this existed, someone made me aware of it and I thought I would pass it on. If I posted it in the wrong area please move it to the proper heading. I thought it could be either U.S. or TR. Interesting pics and videos. John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U.S. Army Treasure Warehouse?
    P
    Many

How interesting, thanks for sharing

Fascinating. Never knew of it's existence either.

?

That is just the tip of the iceberg.

Lots of things at all depots....like Anniston Alabama...there is a storage facility there. The Pentagon has the money...they are just too busy pissing it away.

soooooo many rifles D: drooooool..

All that a person can say is WOW!!!!!!! Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

This is not, by far, the only such warehouse that the US keeps. I remember watching some years ago about a gigantic climate controlled warehouse-picked at Random from one of many-out West somewhere in the US that was so enormous it had to be Driven around inside with jeeps and trucks. It was piled to the gills with countless thousands of crates and boxes, most of which they had no idea what was even In them, as the contents lists had been lost many years before. The interviewer was walking with an official and a couple of men and decided to just point out a crate or 2 at pure random and open them to see what Was in them. The first one they chose was filled with US Navy Officer's plush Bath robes from WWI. The next crate they waved a hand at and hauled out to be opened, they found was full of Maxim Machine Gun parts from the 1890's. Of course, everything was absolutely unissued and still brand new and never used. They carefully replaced the items they looked at and slid them back into the spaces they had taken them from.

I remember thinking to myself just how many More of these warehouses Are there and why aren't they ever going to Do anything with any of them? If you've ever been to a Government Surplus sale, you'll know that 95% of the stuff they sell at them are used up and worn out Junk, but Here were Brand New items by the literal Ton-thousands upon thousands of sealed crates full, and all being just wasted. Things they don't even have a clue they even Have. Such a loss. Think, if nothing else, of all the good they could do with so much of these things for people in need in disaster areas, etc. But, no. Let it sit and gather dust. For, apparently, forever. All Hail the Government!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for sharing!

It's great that a lot of these items are stored for preservation but most appear they would be better served in collections. It seems pointless to store so much behind lock and key and away from the public.

What's the point of preservation if they're never to be seen?

Thanks for posting this tread , it was a very interesting read, was that General Westmorlands Vietnam shirt and cap I spotted in amongst all these artifacts? Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast