Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U.S. Major Apologizes for Murder & Mistreatment of A Million German Soldiers AFTER the End of WW II‏

Article about: This is why it's very difficult to discuss things like this. There's always a reaction like that, and it all comes down to the truth that people in general don't want the truth, they want th

AIF
    ?

Default U.S. Major Apologizes for Murder & Mistreatment of A Million German Soldiers AFTER the End of WW II‏

I received an interesting email from a friend today and thought I would post it up:

A friend forwarded this to me today. I think I have raised this subject with you before? I have known about this for many years. Few people here in America know about it, or are even prepared to consider such a claim could be true.

From this it looks as if after being hidden for 66 years (since 1945) the appalling war crimes committed by the Allies in Germany at the end of WWII may now be coming out into the open. This assumes that any of the major news media would publish the story. Maybe not.

This ugly side of the history of WWII is well known by many Germans, of all ages, mostly the older generations, but of course it is not ever talked about out in the open.

U.S. Major Apologizes for Murder& Mistreatment of A Million German

Soldiers AFTER the End of WW II

Press Release and Reports from the Washington Event
    Assembled by Ernst Friedel, November 05, 2011

PRESS RELEASE by THE GERMANY-UNITED STATES-CANADA RECONCILIATION COMMITTEE

On the occasion of the presentation of a formal letter of apology from a former US Army officer to the German people for the mistreatment of German prisoners after World War II AND on the occasion of the publication of a new edition of Other Losses by James Bacque about those prisoners of war, a public meeting was held at 2:00 pm Monday October 31, 2011 in the Congressional and Monument Rooms of The Courtyard US Capitol Marriott Hotel, 1325 2d St. NE, Washington DC 20002.

Merrit P Drucker (US army major, retired) has apologized to the German army for the deaths of German prisoners in US army camps after World War II. Following extensive private investigations in the US and Germany, Drucker has sent an e-mail to Lt. Col. Max Klaar (Bundeswehr retired) head of the Verband deutscher Soldaten (German Veterans' Association) regretting the lethal conditions in the US camps where according to Col. Ernest F. Fisher of the US army (retired) some 750,000 Germans died because they were denied available food and shelter. By order of the American commander, General Dwight Eisenhower, German civilians were forbidden on pain of being shot to take food to the prisoners. Drucker has also formed a committee of six people, in Germany, the UK, Canada and the US to pursue further investigations and make amends. Drucker has posted on the German veterans' website a questionnaire asking for details of prisoners' internment which has already elicited many grateful responses. Many Germans have written to Merrit Drucker to thank him for taking a heavy weight of grief and guilt off their minds. Max Klaar was flying over for the occasion to accept the formal letter of apology from Drucker on October 31st. In addition, Max Klaar presented a proposal for a peace treaty between the USA and Germany. It has 14 points.

Other Losses, an Investigation into the mass deaths of German Prisoners of War in the hands of the French and the Americans after World War II by James Bacque, first published in 1989, became a world-wide best-seller, published in 13 countries, but has been suppressed in the US for 20 years. This edition, which contains much new information from the KGB archives in Moscow, was commissioned by Karl Siegler, the son of a former prisoner in a US army camp. Col. Dr. Ernest F. Fisher, formerly a senior historian of the U S Army Center for Military History, who supplied the eloquent foreword to Other Losses, was also present. In that foreword he wrote, "Starting in April, 1945 the United States army and the French army casually annihilated about 1 million men, most of them in American camps." The author spoke and two short films about postwar Germany were shown.

For further information contact Kevin@Talonbooks.com or James Bacque at 705 549 8148 or Merrit P. Drucker at 202 722 6716. Please contact Talonbooks for interviews

See also James Bacque - Best-selling author and Talonbooks *ยป Independent Publishers and the Verband deutscher Soldaten Der Verband deutscher Soldaten - VdS - im Internet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U.S. Major Apologizes for Murder & Mistreatment of A Million German Soldiers AFTER the End of WW II‏
    P
    Many

AIF
    ?

Default Re: U.S. Major Apologizes for Murder & Mistreatment of A Million German Soldiers AFTER the End of WW II‏

I should have mentioned I have nothing to do with the book or the author I just copied and pasted the whole email ...as i thought others on the forum may be interested to read it

Cheers Luke.

?

Default Re: U.S. Major Apologizes for Murder & Mistreatment of A Million German Soldiers AFTER the End of WW II‏

Hi Luke this is a well knowen fact that General Dwight Eisenhower starved many many thousands of Troops of all services in makeshift camp after the War. There is a lot of stuff on the net written by american and German who were there at the time it took place,and you will be suprised of the alligations of War Crimes carried out on POW's in camps by the British too.

Greg

AIF
    ?

Hi Greg, Yeah I have heard about this before also I just found it interesting that the US is now admitting it and apologising for it

Luke.

?

Hi Luke as someone once said to me you never heard the Victors being accused of war crimes....look at Stalin

AIF
    ?

Yes unfortunately Its a tale as old as history itself.... Its the victors that write the history

Luke.

Very interesting, it was still better to surrender to the western allies. The German POW in Russia was a lot worser of

Quote by Studly View Post
    Hi Luke this is a well knowen fact that General Dwight Eisenhower starved many many thousands of Troops of all services in makeshift camp after the War. There is a lot of stuff on the net written by american and German who were there at the time it took place,and you will be suprised of the alligations of War Crimes carried out on POW's in camps by the British too.

Greg
    I have had a copy of the James Bacque book they are talking about for years, it's a very interesting read. However, we are talking about more than "many many thousands of troops" though, it is estimated the US and French Armies (but mostly US) starved and otherwise murdered about a million German PoWs. The book also states that these deaths were intentional, not problems with food supply or anything excusable.

Very disturbing story...

Rob
    Last edited by Battery Command Post; 11-21-2011 at 07:44 AM.

I read something about this on another forum and it was claimed there that the American making the apology has no official sanction to make it and the allegations were a far right neo nazi plot to discredit the Americans and is based on supposition and poor historical research.

I have no opinion on this matter and do not know the history well enough to make an informed opinion.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    it was claimed there that the American making the apology has no official sanction to make it and the allegations were a far right neo nazi plot to discredit the Americans and is based on supposition and poor historical research.
    This is why it's very difficult to discuss things like this. There's always a reaction like that, and it all comes down to the truth that people in general don't want the truth, they want the easy version of WW2: Germans - evil, Allies - good. The reality of the war is that, far from this black and white fantasy, it's a dirty grey mess where right and wrong don't really exist.

Rob

PS (I thought I should edit this on) I am not 100% sure whether all the claims are true or not, but there seems enough evidence to give it some consideration.
    Last edited by Battery Command Post; 11-22-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast