Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

V2

Article about: This week sees the 70th anniversary of the first V2 weapons attack on London. Below is a link to a BBC article addressing the weapons. The article briefly touches on the manufacturing proces

?

Default V2

This week sees the 70th anniversary of the first V2 weapons attack on London. Below is a link to a BBC article addressing the weapons. The article briefly touches on the manufacturing process that was carried out at "Mittelwerk, near Buchenwald Concentration Camp" - this is actually KZ-Mittelbau-Dora, a former sub-camp of Buchenwald located near Nordhausen that later became a large independent camp and was the secret location for the rocket manufacturing facilities. The camp is addressed in the thread below.

BBC - Future - V2: The Nazi rocket that launched the space age

KL-Mittelbau-Dora

Also below, a brief video featuring Harry Howe, a former Stirling bomber pilot who participated in bombing raids against the V2 site where they were made. In the video, Mr. Howe talks about his involvement in a V2 restoration project.

BBC News - Bomber pilot restores V2 rocket

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement V2
    P
    Many

Cheers Carl very interesting stuff!...

?

Here is an image taken during an extensive study visit to the site.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture V2  

Thanks Carl, incredible to think it's 70 years ago!

Great link Carl thank you

Its incredible how many of these were launched on London !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Excellent article's Carl. Thank You very much for posting them.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Very interesting article, here are a few photos of a combustion chamber I found in Essex.

V2V2V2V2

the last person to be killed by one of these [V2] was a lady in Orpington not far from where I live.

WOW! Are the 'people that need to know', so to speak, aware of the existence of this piece? I'm amazed it's still there, and more importantly, it's a significant historical piece of the war on the home front that needs preserving, not rotting away in a wood somewhere in Essex.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I would've dragged that home immediately!
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast