Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Visiting Krakow and Auschwitz in june

Article about: Hello there I will be visiting Krakow and Auschwitz in June and was just wondering if any of you have some practical advice about the town, Auschwitz and WW2 items for sale in antique shops

Jan
    ?

Default Re: Visiting Krakow and Auschwitz in june

I´ll see if I can take some pictures of the reproductions on sale in the flea markets and the stuff for sale in the antique shops

Jan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visiting Krakow and Auschwitz in june
    P
    Many

euh....In the flea market near the station, no pictures; they are nervous becuse all they have is "original", but it is 100000% fake. They don't like cameras.

Krakow / Arsenal, Florianska 20- pawel@arsenal.neostrada.pl
    tel/fax 12- 429 40 69

Krakow/ Militaria, ul.Felicjanek 17 ANTYKI - MILITARIA Tomasz Otrbski ul. Felicjanek 17, Krakw

Two militaria dealers in Krakow, i've used both and they are honest people. You must do the Oskar Schindler tour, you can book at any of the tourist information offices.

In the Wavel, remember this

Jan
    ?

This is what I like about this forum friendly and good advice! Good people!

Cheers Jan

Yep, a very interesting tour!...

?

Krakow offers many fine sights. The square will be a bit pricey, but wander down a few side streets and you will find it worthwhile.

Re: Auschwitz

The issue here is time. How much time do you expect to have to dedicate to this visit? Remember that Auschwitz-I, the Stammlager (main camp) and Auschwitz-II, Birkenau are several kms apart. Research is the key Jan. Decide how much time you want to spend there, then choose what you want to see. The basic tours offered at the museum will be more than enough for most people, but they do not go into any real detail nor do they explore many of the lesser known sights. A more in-depth visit patently commands plenty of study beforehand and will take up a lot of time. Allow an absolute minimum of two hours at both Auschwitz-I and Birkenau, any less and you will really have to rush around and not appreciate the enormity of the place. The main camp houses many of the permanent exhibitions, which can take a lot of time to get around. Birkenau will also take plenty of time due to its sheer size. Both must be seen though, to understand the complex. If you have enough time, consider Auschwitz-III, Monowitz too. If you intend to take a lot of photographs, arrive either early or late. From spring onward, vast crowds can appear at any given time, making photography rather testing. I am glad that it is on your list Jan, it will be an experience you will remember forever.

Regards,

Carl

Jan
    ?

Thank you very much for your responses. I´ve been reading very much about Krakow, Wavel, the concentration camps and more. Now just one month and we will be there.

Best,

Jan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast