Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Visiting Krakow and Auschwitz in june

Article about: Hello there I will be visiting Krakow and Auschwitz in June and was just wondering if any of you have some practical advice about the town, Auschwitz and WW2 items for sale in antique shops

Jan
    ?

Default Re: Visiting Krakow and Auschwitz in june

Some pics from my visit here. Thanks for your great advice that helped making this an unforgettable trip.

https://www.facebook.com/jan.fast/me...1389868&type=3

Best,

Jan

?

Some fine images Jan.
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wķyópeya oki hi sni"

Jan
    ?

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Some fine images Jan.
    Thank you.

Best, Jan

love the place, we went last May and have booked to go June next year for 5 days so much to see and of course maybe pick something up that is genuine, whilst the flea markets sell 95% of fakes i was advised to go out of town to the rural markets where many original items still exist ( or so they say) we will give it a wurl, the city itself is amazing when i told my wife we were going to Poland the look on her face was a picture after arriving she fell in love with it and it is her idea to re visit, well worth the visit and flights £120 return for both of us.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    I cant remember the name, but we visited a small antique shop on the main square above a bar i believe. This may be one of them. We picked up some buttons, shoulder titles and a bayonet from here for a reasonable price.
    Hi sorry i missed your reply, the dealer you visited is neither of the ones i mentioned, the one on Florianska is on a street on the north end of the main square and the dealer on Felicjanek is about a kilometre to the west of the square.
    On my next visit i'll look out for the one you mentioned!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

?

I guess former Jewish Area is full of flea markets and Antique stores. I had one recommended ,,Stary Kufer'' and the street Limanoskiego 42. Like someone already said, there are many of them but selling vintage fakes
    I was in Krakow and in Concentration Camps this summer ( actually 2nd time in my life). Of course Main Square, Wawel Castle, Kazimierz district. But Also Schindler's Factory Musuem. I did it together, in one day with Auschwitz Museum. It was really moving day. Especially if you can realize what those from Schindler's List have avoided and what was the price Schindler paid and that all the money was wort it.
    I booked with the touristic company I found as number one on tripadvisor --> Auschwitz Tours | Krakow Tours & Trips | Wieliczka Salt Mine Tours and it was professionally organised.
    In my opinion places like former concentration camps are incredible warnings and reminders of recent history. Believe me, you will never ever forget this place.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234