Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Volksbund, anything similar with open access? German KIA list needed.

Article about: Hi, hi again, I might say it was a while, but I didn't expect it to be that long... looking at my last entries, and what I used to write, shame on me. I'm still working on my project, but un

?

Question Volksbund, anything similar with open access? German KIA list needed.

Hi, hi again, I might say it was a while, but I didn't expect it to be that long... looking at my last entries, and what I used to write, shame on me.

I'm still working on my project, but unfortunately being only 1 person that does it, it's difficult.

Does anyone know anything like Volksbund, but with possibility to search for KIA's by date/death location? Volksbund is in fact completely useless to as they don't have that option. I obviously need a list of Kielce KIA 39-45, but most importantly 01.1945 [January of 1945] is what I'm after.

To my knowledge the list might be as big as 6K entires, but who knows... I myself own only 3 Sterbebild from that perios, which leaves me with 5997 more to go... which we know is impossible.

There's noone to ask, noone really knows anything. Every piece of information that I stumble on is priceless, but at the same time, some of them appear to be pure BS, lies, etc. I doesn't get any easier, seems to be the opposit.

Ylang from Kielce .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volksbund, anything similar with open access? German KIA list needed.
    P
    Many

Some German units did write Divisional histories after the war and included lists of killed. To just find a list of casualties for a date and location is never goning to happen, its simply too much information and in January 1945 units were thrown in piecemeal into the fight and losses were not always accurately recorded. Even so I found another one for you;

Stabsvet, Dr. Walter Wilde born 05.07.1913 missing/KIA January 1945 Kielce. A member of the II. Abtl. Art-Rgt 188, 88th Infanterie Division.

?

You could try the Deutsche Rote Kreuz website and search through their unit pages if you know the units that fought there .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings