MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS unit info request

Article about: I’ve recently purchased a SS erkennungsmarke and can find very little info about the unit. Any help would be appreciated. The unit is 2nd Company, SS Kraftfahr Abteilung 2. I know it’s a tra

Default Waffen SS unit info request

I’ve recently purchased a SS erkennungsmarke and can find very little info about the unit. Any help would be appreciated. The unit is 2nd Company, SS Kraftfahr Abteilung 2. I know it’s a transportation unit, but is it part of a larger unit, like a known SS division? I thank you for your time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS unit info request
    P
    Many

Hi Airdale,
    Kraftfahr Ersatz Abteilung was formed in 1941 in Berlin Lichterfelde as an extension of the original units Kraftfahr Ersatz Kompanie. As such it was within the SS Liebstandarte barracks was not part of the LSAAH per say which was your original question. In the spring of 1943, the section was moved to Weimar-Buchenwald. From 1st May 1943, Kraftfahr Ersatz Abteilung was subsequently renamed Kraftfahr Ausbildungs und Ersatz Abteilung. On August 15, 1944, the Kraftfahr Ausbildungs und Ersatz Abteilung was renamed and extended to the Kraftfahr Ausbildungs und Ersatz Regiment. This was the last unit renaming.

Thank you Black Cat, that answers all my questions. Your time and knowledge is much appreciated.