Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Which WSS Division do you rank the best

Article about: Hi harryamb somewhere in Normandy sorry i don't have any info on that pic. Greg

Default Which WSS Division do you rank the best

Hi guys,

After reading Dimas' old thread Waffen -SS elite troops?

Im getting curious to which division my fellow forum members consider the best? Its just for fun as I know its not measureable and that the word "best" can have a many definitions in this question, So it really is up to you what you put weight on.

In my opinion Wiking was no. 1 (just a notch in front of Totenkopf), because they were figting almost continuously at the Eastern front.
    They advanced as far as Caucasus. Fireguard of the Southern front. Stabilising the central front after Bagration.
    Played a crucial role in the Cherkassy breakout and the Konrad offensives.
    Finally they fought their way back to Austria in order to surrender to the Americans.

Whats your favourite?
    Last edited by Shadwellarmy; 03-23-2014 at 01:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Which  WSS Division do you rank the best
    P
    Many

?

Hi

my favourite it's the 28th SS WALLONIE

@+

1st SS Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
    Which  WSS Division do you rank the best

Wallonie's rearguard defence during the Cherkassy escape is epic Do you know how many got out alive?

?

Interesting topic, for me the 6th SS Police Battalion Regiment 26, made up of many other units, of which included untrained conscripts[ATTACH=CONFIG]664782
    Regards
    Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Which  WSS Division do you rank the best  

12th SS Hitler Jugend for me

Young, tenacious, fearless and feared

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hard one, but I too would say Adolf Hitler, closely followed by Wiking and Das Reich with 12th HJ closely behind them.

[QUOTE=Woolgar;1149785]12th SS Hitler Jugend for me

Young, tenacious, fearless and feared

for me too, the 12. SS-Panzer-Division "Hitlerjugend"

but if we are to awards received as a reference

1--2.ª División SS Das Reich with 90 Ritterkreuz ( 72 Ritterkreuz +15 mit Eichenlaub +3 und Schwertern)

2--5ª SS Panzergrenadier Division Wiking whit 67 Ritterkreuz ( 55 Ritterkreuz + 8 mit Eichenlaub + 3 und Schwertern +1 und Brillianten)

3--Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler whit 66 Ritterkreuz ( 53 Ritterkreuz + 10 mit Eichenlaub + 3 und Schwertern )
    Jedem das Seine

I too go for the 12th HJ.

Me also for the Crack Babies, I have 2 helmets frm this division and one camo cap.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast