Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Does anyone know any living relatives of Roza Shanina?

Article about: Hello I was wondering if anyone knew any living relatives of Roza Shanina the sniper? I am a big fan of her, and looking to see if there is a possibility that someone within the family or an

Default Does anyone know any living relatives of Roza Shanina?

Hello I was wondering if anyone knew any living relatives of Roza Shanina the sniper? I am a big fan of her, and looking to see if there is a possibility that someone within the family or ancestry that is still alive that I could possibly get in contact with.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does anyone know any living relatives of Roza Shanina?
    P
    Many

You gotta be joking, right? Together with the other thread about Roza which you started you quickly start to turn from a re-enactor into a desperate fanboy. Pretty sure that after reading both threads any possible relatives or people who know any of the relatives of Roza (have no clue myself if there are living relatives) definitely will stay silent. Often there's a thin line between desperate fanboy and obsessive stalker.

You are definitely not Russian. Why stalk a dead person? There is nothing wrong with reaching out to a dead veteran's family that made history, people do it all the time in the USA....

I am not Russian but my wife and thus part of my family is

And there is nothing wrong with reaching out to a veteran's family when done in a polite and 'correct' manner. Obsessive fanboy mail doesn't fit in that catagory and you are clearly in that last catagory. Anyway, this is my last post I spend time on regarding your requests untill there will be constructive and /or informative posts or genuine questions about the items and the history we all collect and so much enjoy

You probably sound like someone who is obsessed with the ''Stalinist'' ideology from your previous posts and ignore all the suffering the USSR created during WW2 for people like the Ukrainians and Balts and this is coming from a Latvian with Russian ethnicity. I have one sentence especially for you ,but ,again ,this forum has no place for politics and this will be my only reply to you.

Look at the standard of living in Russia and the former states of the USSR(including the Baltic states) where communism and Stalinism ravaged and compare it to Germany who ''lost'' the war. The situation during the USSR and now after it in these countries can be described only by one word in Russian: ''разруха''.

Yea, and if that were true USSR wouldn't have had the second or third highest economy in the world according to CIA factbook. The reason why the conditions are so "horrible", is because of the idiotic decisions of Boris Yeltsin.....

At the expense of being guilty of whataboutery...

A good economy =/= a nice place to live.

By exclusively economic standards, Nazi Germany was also very successful. That does not excuse the actions of the regime in charge, and most certainly did not make it a utopia. Wealth is nothing to brag about, if it is obtained through the suffering of others.

I mean no disrespect, and would prefer that politics are kept as far away from this forum as possible (outside of their proper historical context, of course). I merely thought that it was something worth pointing out.

Regards, B.B.

Yes I know I understand.... It is interesting....