Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German 1960 picture Book"Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden"

Article about: Hi, here are some pics I took from a book I have. "Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden" It was published in 1960, first edition copy. I have seen a few of the pictures before that a

Default German 1960 picture Book"Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden"

Hi, here are some pics I took from a book I have. "Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden" It was published in 1960, first edition copy.

I have seen a few of the pictures before that are in this book, and wonder if they were originally published in this book, and reprinted and circulated since 1960. I read somewhere the pics in this book were never seen before at the time, 1960.

Does anyone know if this book comes in English, or if there is a translation available?? Any help would be appreciated, I would also like to read the book besides looking at pictures. I think the book tells the story from a German perspective in 1960, which may not be so accurate today.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German 1960 picture Book"Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden"   German 1960 picture Book"Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden"  

German 1960 picture Book"Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden"   German 1960 picture Book"Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden"  

German 1960 picture Book"Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden"   German 1960 picture Book"Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German 1960 picture Book"Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden"
    P
    Many

Default Re: German 1960 picture Book"Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden"

More Pics....... I should add the German soldiers that appear to be hanging are just testing the ropes. Further in the sequence one of the "prisoners ropes appears to break, and have to re-hang him.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German 1960 picture Book"Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden"   German 1960 picture Book"Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden"  

More Pics..........

Dom
    ?

Hello Steve,
    certainly very interesting to read!
    Thank you

Quote by Dom View Post
    Hello Steve,
    certainly very interesting to read!
    Thank you
    Hello Dom!, you are welcome. I am glad someone looked at this post, you are the first one.

It is a good book. I was trying to find out if it came in English. Maybe I will just put this books writing into a computer translator, page by page, so I know what it says.

Regards, Steve

?

I enjoyed looking at the pictures.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I enjoyed looking at the pictures.

Hi Steve, Very good, Thank you. it has 211 pages of great interesting pictures. I may post more sometime.

Regards, Steve

?

Thumbs up Re: German 1960 picture Book"Stalingrad, Eine Chronik in Bilden"

WOW!
    Thanks Kilroy
    Very Interesting pic's of that battle!

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    WOW!
    Thanks Kilroy
    Very Interesting pic's of that battle!

Hi Phil, thanks. I just noticed the Soviet soldier with the frozen mustache is carrying a lend-lease US Thompson SMG. I am sure it worked well in the cold weather. I have never shot mine at 20 degrees below zero. I might have to pee on it for the first mag to feed. No chance to test it here in Florida.

Regards, Steve