Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

German and Soviet trophees

Article about: Soviet Pz 38 t

Default German and Soviet trophees

I'm going to have to disagree with your statement;Actually, Russian troops took a liking to various German equipment items. The German mess-kit was a favorite along with the Esbit-cooker. Ivan was notorious for his love of German wristwatches as well, and German binoculars were prized due to their high quality. On the other hand, German troops often preferred to use the Soviet sub-machine gun due to it's reliability. My German grandfather made use of a Russian winter cap to keep him warm on the Ostfront, and Russian Valenki boots were also prized by the Germans.Hope I was able to shed some light on the subject...Cheers...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German and Soviet trophees
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Battledamaged beautiful finds

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with your statement;Actually, Russian troops took a liking to various German equipment items. The German mess-kit was a favorite along with the Esbit-cooker. Ivan was notorious for his love of German wristwatches as well, and German binoculars were prized due to their high quality. On the other hand, German troops often preferred to use the Soviet sub-machine gun due to it's reliability. My German grandfather made use of a Russian winter cap to keep him warm on the Ostfront, and Russian Valenki boots were also prized by the Germans.Hope I was able to shed some light on the subject...Cheers...
    I think the Soviet messkit is absolutely the same by it's shape to the german messkit. Soviet binoculars I've seen approximately the same in quality as the German binos. There was a couple of the items which is preffered by the soldiers as a trophee. The soviet naval infantry likes to use the German MP-38/40, soviet snipers likes to have the SS camo. Valenki I think good, but German wool winter boots has more usability then Soviet. The Soviet fishfur hats are a bit better, than German winter hat ( I saw a lot of pictures where the soviet winter caps used by Germans, also the famous ase Adolf Galand has been worn this cap)
    Here is some of the period pictures when the soldiers being worn the trophees
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German and Soviet trophees   German and Soviet trophees  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: German and Soviet trophees

Great photos! Thanks so much for posting! I'm so thrilled at finding this site, and with such treasures being shared here it's like Christmas everytime I log on!

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Great photos! Thanks so much for posting! I'm so thrilled at finding this site, and with such treasures being shared here it's like Christmas everytime I log on!
    Thanks for kind words!
    We are all to make the forum better!
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Thanks for that Dimas! The naval infantry using the German mp 38/40 was quite a surprise. Its great to see pictures like yours for the first time, cheers!

Thumbs up Re: German and Soviet trophees

These Images do however look like Re-enactors gone mad ... all carrying SS Daggers ....this does happen until your Commanding Officer says "Right, get rid of all that Rubbish, we are an Army not a Circus !."

Great Images, likely some Victory Celebrations.
    Many Thanks for them..

I have seen Images of Zeltbahn 31 used by Red Army Snipers to improve their personal camouflage and read of Trophy Pistols given to Wives/Girlfriends at the Front for personal protection by their Husbands/men.
    Weapons while the Ammunition is available from a newly captured position are of course turned round and used to beef up firepower until the Red Army Squad moves up to its next objective... they have enough to carry without a lot of Fascist junk to lug about.
    Men will keep warm using any materials before leave it as rubbish for someone else to use or throw away when the battle field is cleared.

Such things happen as they are permitted, too much interest in Fascist things will attract your Regiment's happy/smiling Special Department and a lot of unpleasant questions.... .

?

Here is interesting picture the soldier being worn a german water bottle. And very interesting that he have automatic rifle AVS-36
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German and Soviet trophees  
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Here is a couple of other guys with ss/sa daggers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German and Soviet trophees  
    Attached Images Attached Images German and Soviet trophees 
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Here is first model of Luftwaffe dagger
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

a couple of partizans and their weapon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German and Soviet trophees   German and Soviet trophees  

Attached Images Attached Images German and Soviet trophees  German and Soviet trophees  German and Soviet trophees  German and Soviet trophees 
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast