Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helping to find origin?

Article about: Hi all. Just a thought how would you go about finding were your rifle was assigned during the war i was stripping down the old work horse mosin today and i just thought i would ask if anyone

Default Helping to find origin?

Hi all.

Just a thought how would you go about finding were your rifle was assigned during the war i was stripping down the old work horse mosin today and i just thought i would ask if anyone knew how to find what devision your rifle was assigned to if any?

Thanks all

Alex

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helping to find origin?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Helping to find origin?

Sadly this kind of information is not available.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Alex, I'm like you and try to find out all the info I can about my rifles. Like Ade said, I've never seen anything on Russian small arms assignments. Heck they didn't even keep very good records on their soldiers unfortunately. Some of the American made rifles, such as the Garands and Springfields, you can look up what division or regiment they went to but that's it.

Jay

Aye its a shame lol i was thinking a spiritulist could have the rifle and get some ''vibes from it'' lol just a thought.

ALEX

Could you find documents for French rifles? its been bugging me where mine is from.

I am unaware of any nation's military that kept such records, except the U.S. military.

I have been able to trace the lineage of all my M-1 Garands, carbines, model 1911 pistols, and model 1917 bolt action rifles.

I even contacted a couple of the vets who carried the Garands, and one of my 1911's

Boridin