Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

List of Russian WW2 plants and factories

Article about: Name: 1.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 82.8 KB  ID: 1044740 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> Hello dear comrades! I will start a new little project and will make a list of Russia

Default List of Russian WW2 plants and factories

Hello dear comrades! I will start a new little project and will make a list of Russian WW2 plants. I will feed the list with infos from time to time. May be it will help some members to identify their items. Feel free to add infos or correct misstakes. Just send me a short PM.

English name Russian name abbr. founded location products awards
    Bolshevichka (Moscow Clothes Factory) Московская швейная фабрика Большевичка 1929 Moscow budenovka
    • Order of the Red Banner of Labour
    Chelyabinsk Tractor Plant Челябинский тракторный завод ЧТЗ 1933 Chelyabinsk ammo, tanks
    • Order of Lenin
    • Орден Кутузова I
    • Орден Красной Звезды
    Kirov Plant Кировский завод LKZ 1801 Leningrad (St. Petersburg) tank
    • 2 x Order of Lenin
    • Order of the Red Banner
    • Order of the Patriotic War I
    Leningrad Metallurgical Plant Ленинградский Металлический Завод LMZ 1857 Leningrad (St. Petersburg) helmet (SSh39 / SSh40)
    • Order of Lenin
    Lysva Metallurgical Plant Лысьвенский металлургический завод ЛМЗ 1785 Lysva cup, helmet (SSh39 / SSh40), plate, shaving bowl
    Red October Plant Завод Красный Октябрь 3KO 1897 Stalingrad (Volgograd) helmet (SSh39 / SSh40)
    • Order of Lenin
    Red Vyborger Factory Красный Выборжец Завод КВ 1857 Leningrad (St. Petersburg) canteens, cups, messkits, spoons
    Red Warrior Factory фабрика Красный Воин Moscow field cap, budenovka, pilotka
    Tbilisi Aircraft Manufacturing Тбилисский авиационный завод TAM / TdA3 1941 Tbilisi fighter aircraft, mortars
    Tula Arms Plant Тульский оружейный завод ТОЗ 1712 Тula rifle (Mosin Nagant), machine gun (PM M1910)
    • Order of Lenin
    Volgograd Tractor Plant Волгоградский тракторный завод ВгТЗ 1930 Stalingrad (Volgograd) tank
    • 2 x Order of Lenin
    Yegoryevsk National Sewing Factory Егорьевск государственная швейная фабрика Yegoryevsk platsch-palatka
    Zlatoust Instrumental Combine Златоустовский инструментальный комбинат ЗИК (later became ИМЗ, below) 1939 Zlatoust axe, shashka, trench knife, officer dagger
    Zlatoust Instrumental-Metallurgical Plant Златоустовский инструментально-металлургический завод ИМЗ 1944 Zlatoust axe, shashka, trench knife, officer dagger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture List of Russian WW2 plants and factories  
    Last edited by RKKAFan; 02-06-2017 at 12:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement List of Russian WW2 plants and factories
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

ЛМЗ holds the Order of Lenin and the Order of Patriotic War , the factory also manufactured the Ssh 36 .

Thank you Dom, unfortunately I cant edit this post anymore, I try to contact the support, but dont get an answer yet. I have to correct: The right abbr. for the Leningrad Metallurgical Plant is just "Л", which is shown on the helmet stamps.

Hello

I agree that some helmets were refurbished in Leningrad but I am not aware of any production there

Bruno

One of the WW2 plants manufacturing leather flight helmets was the Rostikinskii Fur Factory. I think after the war, the other plants were amalgamated into it, and it was the main post war source of leather flight helmets, ground crew and paratrooper helmets. Also tanker helmets and ushankas.

It later changed it's name to 'Trud' and today is known as 'Russian Fur'. I believe they still have military contracts and are still at the original site at 10 Dokina St., Rostikinskii, Moscow.

Cheers, Willie.