Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Red Army man or soldier?

Article about: I think I need to write about that here: Oftenly peoples says "soldiers stuff" or "officers stuff". But after 1917 year the word OFFICER was inoficially forbid, the ranks

?

Default Red Army man or soldier?

I think I need to write about that here:
    Oftenly peoples says "soldiers stuff" or "officers stuff". But after 1917 year the word OFFICER was inoficially forbid, the ranks of the Red army was absolutely changed, the Officer was changed to the Commander, and soldier- to warrior of Red Army, Redguards man and later Redarmyman, that was done until 1943 year. After the Stalin give back to the army shoulderstraps, soldier award Order of Glory ( similar to st Georgy cross) guard's badge and tally for fleet with the colors of Imperial guards tally, similar uniform to the Imperial uniform, the medal bars etc.
    A lot of Russian peoples, mostly Siberian do not want to go die for Stallin, they was mostly Orthodoxal, but Stalin destroy churches... After 1943 year he change his mind, and oficially make the status of church in USSR, a lot of peoples change their mind too and Red Army recieve new volunteers.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red Army man or soldier?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Red Army man or soldier?

This is all, of course TRUE Dim...

However, Russian terminology is very "exotic", and very difficult to fully comprehend to many, if not most Westerners - Hence the two terms OFFICERS and ENLISTED MEN (EM) are universal to the English language, and most armies of the world thereof; and so applied here, there, and most anywhere...

I myself break them down to "OFFICERS" and "SOLDIERS" without resorting to correctly identifying RKKA and Red Army Personnel as COMMANDERS AND RED ARMY MEN during most of my discussion in English language.

The same applies usually during (Western) discussion when referring to the GYMNASTERKA (A soldier's blouse) as a "PULLOVER", a KITEL as a "TUNIC", POGONI as "SHOULDER-BOARDS", TELOGREIKA as "PADDED COAT", PILOTKA as an "OVERSEAS CAP" or "SIDE CAP", etc, etc , etc...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Comrades, We must at all times aware of the Progressive nature of the Soviet Union and its ( purely defensive) Armed Forces, as long as we Conform to this Norm, we will be within their Identification Formula.

Quote by People's Army View Post
    Comrades, We must at all times aware of the Progressive nature of the Soviet Union and its ( purely defensive) Armed Forces, as long as we Conform to this Norm, we will be within their Identification Formula.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red Army man or soldier?  

Quote by RichieC View Post

This lack of Political Perception is most unfortunate...

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red Army man or soldier?