Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Special Department of the NKVD?

Article about: The online document for an individual shows them as being Место службы: ОО НКВД 4 м

?

Default Special Department of the NKVD?

The online document for an individual shows them as being

Место службы: ОО НКВД 4 мк 57 А ЮжнФ

I don't have a problem with most of it NKVD 4th Mechanized Corps of the 57th Army of the Southern Front
    What I'm not sure about is OO? My understanding that OO should be особый отдел or 'special department'?

So the Special Department of the NKVD in the 4th Mechanized Corp of the 57th Army of the Southern Front?

Sound right?

Also how about
    Место службы: ОКР "СМЕРШ" 3 гв. мехк БТ и МВ 1 ПрибФ
    I have......
    Counterintelligence department "SMERSH" - 3rd Guards Mechanized Corps- - Armored and mechanized forces- 1st Baltic Front

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Special Department of the NKVD?
    P
    Many

?

Exactly!
    ОО - Особый Отдел - Special department
    ОКР - Отдел Контр-Разведки - Counterintelligence department
    Both are basically counterintelligence (with the twist of Soviet Communist ideology paranoia).

?

So for the soldier, there is an odd issue. He has medals listed in feats of the people but for some of them, no citation (no link to data but it shows up as awarded. Perhaps no data can be provided for this as he was NKVD/SMERSH? He was in the 57th army at Stalingrad. Those awarded in 1943 are listed under his name but there is NO additional information (Red Star and OGPW II).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Special Department of the NKVD?  

?

From what I can read in your post, the issue is most likely due to his association to SMERSH/NKVD.
    Their citations generally (not always) are not available online. In some cases it is still possible to acquire them directly through archival research (see my signature), but not always. This is general situation with exceptions now and then.